ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Hey, I'm new and was looking for some addvice

Mk1 1.2 Clio Paris
hey there peeps,

I'm 21 from East Anglia. I have just brought a 1998 Mk1 Clio paris (face lift?) im looking to tart it up even tho i know its only a 1.2 lol.

It has a few faults with the exterior.

1. A dent on the r,o,s bellow the window and has cracked the paint and rusted a small patch, the same panel has the fuel cap on there so around there is a bit scratched, but had it T cut today so that sorted some of that out.

2. A round the "skirt" is what looks like rust bubbles under the paint, the paint work is still in gd nick, its just bumpy lol.

3. The lacker on the bonnet is pealing off in big patches. T cutting helped abit but i think the whole thing needs sparying.

And it of course has the trade make stone chips which i hope all should be able to be just dabbed over.

The engine seems to be working fine, I've already owned a 1.2 oaise 1995 and well that was shagged. However the paris loves to be in 3rd and can go go go go go go (u get my drift lol) as you can see I'm not very mechanically minded, but willing to learn and from what i hear there normaly easy to work with lol.

Like I said im hopfully going to tart it up Lowering, bodykit, alloys, etc.
But I would like some advice on where to start, as this is my first car project, Im guessing it wud be to fix the exertior first before i start to mod
Can anyone also give me addvice on here to get clio mods and parts cheap and good quality?

i'll put some pics up when I've taken some so your can get an idea what I'm faced with lol.

Thanks too all that read this.

Matt

cg172

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 172FF
Best thing to do before you start to mod a car is to make sure it's spot on, otherwise you'll just be chasing around the thing fixing problems with money you don't have. A knackered car is still a knackered car, even if it's got coilovers and 20" spinners...

Last edited:
  Mk1 1.2 Clio Paris
Thanks for the reply.

From what I can hear from then engine it sounds fine, im going to get the cam belt replaced as i dont think its been done and i heard a slight noise from the f,n,s wheel when i was turning left, i did just swap 3 of my tyres today (the one making noise being one of them) but i think it might be a bearing. other then that i think its fine, but i have a mate whos a grease monkey so i'll ask him to check over it.

Thanks

Mk1 1.2 Clio Paris
Thanks for the help guys, maybe I should grow tits. Then you might be more willing to help me, with the prospect of you might be able to touch them lol.