ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Hi guys.

Renault Clio 172 Cup
Hi Guys,
I'm new to the club after recently purchasing a slightly tired 172 Cup. Always loved these little cars and it came time to bite the bullet and buy what is my first ever performance orientated car.

Bit about the car, its an '03 plate 172 Cup, 106k miles and FSH. It is about to run out of MOT next week and needs a fair amount of stuff doing to pass this. Basically tires, brakes and an exhaust. I'll be trawling this epic forum for the answers I need and hopefully be able to add to a few threads myself on my way to getting my Clio back looking and going well.

Reactions: Gus
  Renault Clio 172 Cup
So far I've used this forum extensively and fixed the leak in the boot, and my christmas tree lights fault. Now to find a new cat back exhaust, tires (massively difficult choice with everyone's opinions so far!) and figure out the traders section to buy new disks and pads all round!

TRH_Racing

South East - Herts/London
ClioSport Area Rep
So far I've used this forum extensively and fixed the leak in the boot, and my christmas tree lights fault. Now to find a new cat back exhaust, tires (massively difficult choice with everyone's opinions so far!) and figure out the traders section to buy new disks and pads all round!

Most people use Pilot sport 3's (i have since i bought the car and i think they've always been used) ... or uniroyal rainsports iirc

and for brakes and discs, best prices will be @George@RTR_Parts .. extremlely helpful :)

Renault Clio 172 Cup
Most people use Pilot sport 3's (i have since i bought the car and i think they've always been used) ... or uniroyal rainsports iirc

and for brakes and discs, best prices will be @George@RTR_Parts .. extremlely helpful :smile:
Brilliant. Thanks so much mate. I will get in touch with George for a quote.
I'm looking at PS3's but want something that's a mix of fast road and track. Sort of like the Yoko AD08R. Not sure what will happen to the PS3s on track. May have to ask the forum.

TRH_Racing

South East - Herts/London
ClioSport Area Rep
Brilliant. Thanks so much mate. I will get in touch with George for a quote.
I'm looking at PS3's but want something that's a mix of fast road and track. Sort of like the Yoko AD08R. Not sure what will happen to the PS3s on track. May have to ask the forum.

I used ps3's for my first track day when i bought the car, they where pretty good .. loads of grip but there where a few sketchy moments to say the least! I'd use them again if they weren't my road tyres :)
AD08R's are amazing from what i've heard .. them or R888's (?)

Renault Clio 172 Cup
I used ps3's for my first track day when i bought the car, they where pretty good .. loads of grip but there where a few sketchy moments to say the least! I'd use them again if they weren't my road tyres :smile:
AD08R's are amazing from what i've heard .. them or R888's (?)
Thanks for the input mate! That's the thing. I don't want a street tire that will be obliterated on track and won't make the journey home! The R888's and A048's are straight up track tires, I think the AD08s are in line with the Toyo R1R's which are both street able. Two friends I know use R1Rs and both love them. Ones a classic MGBGT the other was a 400+bhp Mk2 Focus RS.