ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

High Mileage Club - 100K plus.

BMW 330ci
My 330ci is on 114,500

20b90b94cbabc96eed4f8bce1413419b.jpg

My old compact which was on 106,000

57ff90ad1a3b11cd3b6bc31a200151ea.jpg

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
My mini, albeit not 'high' mileage, is probably the highest mileage on any works GP in the country! 91k and rising.

My Bora was on 165k when I sold her -
340810_325888570768085_1469502368_o.jpg

Still going today too!
Oh and my A3 has just ticked 100k, my old 182 130k, my TT QS 125k..

Mileage means nothing nowadays tbh.

123,500 miles on the 172, and it's decided that everything is breaking at once. By the end of the week it'll be mint with the amount replaced.

182 is only on 58k. 172 has a much stronger engine.

Clio RS 172 /Trafic
172 Clio has just a whisker under 150,000 on it now. My Trafic minibus has 115,600 and just over three years old

The Chubby Pirate

ClioSport Club Member
  Golf R
My 172 Cup is just shy of 173k, must be getting tired now though as it's dropped 3bhp since last November. 128.3bhp at the wheels last friday

That sounds pretty low to me even if it does have 173k...!

Is the timimg maybe needing adjusted? Thats essentially 35bhp of a transmission loss.. Seems quite low?

Pauleds

ClioSport Club Member
  Merc Dueliner sport
It's been a thrashed to the max this year doing sprints and hillclimbs so I'm not surprised.
It managed to get me second overall in the Chester and Liverpool Speed championship and 3rd overall in the Longton and district sprint and hillclimb championship so can't complain really.

Rs200t lux
Bmw 535i 315,000
Impreza turbo 252,000. Raced this in sprints and hillclimbs for two years and kicked it's c**t in every day untill eventually engine started to knock got 2k for it trade in

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
Yep, makes remembering the cambelts easier :)

Although due to my stupidity, it has had two cambelts in 9 months. What a monumental chump.
Sam's replacing his after just 150 miles! Lol

What is this megane key way thingy? He wants me to get one for him.

Cub.

ClioSport Moderator
Sam's replacing his after just 150 miles! Lol

What is this megane key way thingy? He wants me to get one for him.

Have a look in my project thread bud, there are photos. Basically he needs a keyweyed lower pulley off a Megane R26 / 225 and the corresponding crank bolt. Ask Potter, as he knows the part code off by heart I would suspect :)

Paul.M

ClioSport Club Member
That's some impressive mileage on the Swift! how's it taking the mileage ?

We bought it in february on circa 90k, I'm not sure what it was like for the previous owner but for us it has been pretty much faultless, we had to replace the wishbones for it's recent MOT but other than that it has cost us nothing aside from service items.

The inside still looks brand new, small bit of wear of the steering wheel but certainly nothing to write home about!

Short Norman

ClioSport Club Member
  997 C4S
my 2004 320d has 179,600 on it. I'll be keeping it until next summer so will probably see nearly 190,000 before I get shut.

I was considering renting some local garage space (only got enough room for 4 cars at ours) and keeping it as the family mule but not sure how much use it would get now my kids are starting to learn to drive.

CrippsCorner

ClioSport Club Member
  Astra VXR
Not long until I hit 123,456 now! I'm stopping to take a photo even if I'm on a damn motorway lol.

BG Clio 182
The car I learnt to drive in was a 1.5 petrol swift I believe, that had done 220,000 miles with all of those being as a driving instructor vehicle brand new! I frequently pass her now and as I've been passed like a year and a half averaging 30k a year means it'll have done 265k now haha! It felt a bit knackered though to be fair haha.

Martin_172

ClioSport Club Member
our driving school twingos get replaced at 2yrs 100k and they are done by then. We used to use Toyota Starlets and they would get replaced at 4yrs sometimes 230k+ and they were still on the original clutch!!

to give the twingo their due though they do 100k in 2 years and all they require is serviced, tyres and brakes. never needed any sensors, coil packs etc etc

Defo big end it was like little elfs with hammers in my sump
I'm amazed it even got passed 60k as impreza s have chocolate Pistons

http://catchmypicture.com/WNhfdP
http://catchmypicture.com/USXFTt
http://catchmypicture.com/DzhPHj

Great Pics! Love the old GC8C. They did make some improvements to the later models. My scooby is the MY97 2.2 short block with forged pistons & rods (moly coated pistons). The piston skirt was reshaped and the piston weight was reduced by approximately 100 grams. Compression ratio was increased to 9.7:1 by reshaping the piston crown.

I'm on 170k miles and doesn't miss a beat. That said, I've had to change the knock sensor to keep the 'Elves with hammers' at bay! The knock sensor location is a crap design & they tend to get a puddle of water around the base of the sensor where it's bolted to the block, causing the housing of the sensor to crack, split & corrode. Once that happens, the sensor won't detect pre-ignition (detonation) & r****d the timing. Hence forth, the Elves come out to play :smile: