ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

High Mileage Club - 100K plus.

110k on mine (although it's not my original engine 😂) - my last one went bang at 80k despite keeping on top of servicing and belts. Guess it had a hard life before I bought it.

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
Yeah all good mate :up: - I haven't used it for a few weeks and there's a little list of bits that need doing but it's been a good car!!
What happened with that monaco you were having painted?
Happy days, my Monaco is sat in the garage under a cover.
New paint, wheels refurbed, new tyres, belts, new suspension... the list goes on!
I'll get it out in the summer.

New to the club
1df0bfa70985d1bc5aeb4cdc2df34037.jpg

Caddy just gone over the magic number

massiveCoRbyn

ClioSport Club Member
  Several
136k on my Cup now, was on about 112k when I bought in October 2014, but it's only done about 1000 miles in the last year.

Freetrack&Monaco 172
My Monaco is on 111,600 miles at the moment (only done about 700 miles since I bought it in October last year).
My daily Audi A4 on the other hand is a sniff off of 230,000 and, touch wood, still going strong! Good 'ol 1.9 tdi's.......

PH2 172
My 172 is on 120k and drives lovely.

My '13 plate Caddy work van is on about 50k and is an absolute shitter.
It's had a very hard life

Here we have my Golf GTTDI Mk 4 now on 300k, I careful owner ....me!

Golf%20300k_zpsteioibeo.jpg

Found the original order from March 2001

20180307_195807_zpsm2s8tdec.jpg

Still returns 55-60 mpg, there's a saying in the golf Mk4 owners club "look after your Mk4" Cared for it well and it's just as good as the day it left the dealer, had 3 re-shells and 2 new engines.

Oh, that's a parody BTW!!!

Clio182mike

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 182
My gf's old 1.4 16v alize was at 188k when she sold it. The engine was still really good, just like when she bought it on 80k. The rest of the car was beginning to get shoddy, that's why she sold it.

Short Norman

ClioSport Club Member
  997 C4S
took my BM for it's MOT yesterday (currently on 206,000) and all it needed was 2 front brake flexi hoses and a track rod end.

Lovely Jubbly.....
Went straight through this years again, had a couple of advisories (a/r bushes and drop links) which I had done a couple of days later. 214,000 miles now.

The only thing that I need to sort now is a squeaky interior fan.

Got a trip to Belgium Grand Prix in august so that some help throw a few more miles on it. I want to get it to 239,000 miles so I can say it's been to the moon.

Coops Mk1

ClioSport Club Member
  Lots of Scrap...
225,623 to the moon, closest distance in its orbit ;-) I've got 45k to go.....bugger!

2003 Clio 172
Had a 2004 Audi A3 2.0 TDI with just under 160k miles until last year. It drove well until it decided to eat it's gearbox. Sadly it is no more.

Short Norman

ClioSport Club Member
  997 C4S
drove our shed of a family wagon into a massive gate post in a works car park yesterday. Damaged both drivers side doors and the sill. It was already booked in with a friend to have some rust spots sorted, now he's got more work to do on it.

of course wifey thinks it would be a better idea to get shut and spend £5000 on a newer car but for what we use it for it makes no sense. A few hundred quid to sort it out or spend £5k + on a new car. Off to paint it goes.

Crayola

ClioSport Club Member
Not a clio but my Transit Mk7 on a 2010 plate rolled over 200k at the weekend, only major component failure was the gearbox (diff bearings) about 2 years ago.

Usual transit problems, usually a quick 6th to 3rd sorts that out and makes it easier to entice the pieces of the gearbox[emoji23]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Nearly 4 years after starting this thread, I still haven't had a car over 100K miles.
Highest was my 182 at 80k.
Current shed is on just 52k, might hit 6 figures eventually.