ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Hissing on Acceleration?

Akay

ClioSport Club Member
  Clubman Cooper S
Hi all,

My 182 has an annoying hissing sound when I accelerate. It isnt exhaust related as it did it before and after I fitted my miltek, and still does it with the decat pipe and the new genuine gasket kit.

Ive heard it could be the master cylinder?

Clio 182 2005
I appreciate this is along shot but did you ever get any answer to this question? Think mines doing the same...

Hi all,

My 182 has an annoying hissing sound when I accelerate. It isnt exhaust related as it did it before and after I fitted my miltek, and still does it with the decat pipe and the new genuine gasket kit.

Ive heard it could be the master cylinder?

Christopher

ClioSport Club Member
  Z4M
Not heard of it being vacuum related before. Weird.
I'd guess at manifold to cat joint, but you said that was fine. Cracked manifold?

Clio 182 2005
Not heard of it being vacuum related before. Weird.
I'd guess at manifold to cat joint, but you said that was fine. Cracked manifold?
I'm gonna get under mine when I finish work and have a gander... Will report my findings

Clio turbo 2008 1.2
If its the same as a TCE setup on rocker cover, The Breather that comes out the rocker to inlet manifod and to the inlet induction tube the wee plastice pipe comes off the one way valve might be connected but easily comes away. Mine has anyway and looking for a replacement