ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Home brew almost sheep boost bus build ect

2FBD2705-266C-45CA-AB3D-C0855B37FE84_zps8wg7fxdc.jpg

its in the hole

SQ5
Have you got a Ph2 setup?

Ph1 has the return. Easiest thing to do is get a Ph1 pump, fuel line and rail.

i have the ph1 pump and rail, but my car was one of the weird parts bin ones that had a ph2 rail and pump from factory, so have no return line so just seeing if i can use whats already there, hence seeing if i could use the carbon canister line as a return from the rail

Do I need to do that on a ph1 sender with the 2 lines ( 1 green out and 1 red in ) ?

Only thing I am missing is the ph1 return line from rail to sender as far as I am aware, so just seeing if I can use the fuel line that used to connect to the carbon canister and attach it to the ph1 rail return

I wouldn't use the carbon canister return line as it goes into a funny plastic device on the top of the tank and I don't think it would take the flow.

Here is a pic of a fuel tank so you can see what I mean, it the little plastic assembly in the middle in between the 2 braided lines.

34sjqk9.jpg

You need the Ph1 in tank fuel pump/sender unit really if you don't already have it, as this has a feed and return line.

that is brilliant thank you for the picture James helps clear that up

tbh i think i am going to half drop the tank,
so i can see how everything is routed up with the inline fuel filter, just to get a better understanding of whats going on

unless you have a pic of the standard ph1 set up

that is brilliant thank you for the picture James helps clear that up

tbh i think i am going to half drop the tank,
so i can see how everything is routed up with the inline fuel filter, just to get a better understanding of whats going on

unless you have a pic of the standard ph1 set up
The standard ph1 set up looks exactly like that, obviously apart from the braided lines and minus the inline fuel filter.

Had so much faff swapping my ph1 tank over to the 182 shell, some of the captive nuts span and there's literally no access to the captive bits, I wasn't proud of what I did next (The fuel tank was completely dry, but sparks were Involved...) [emoji55]

No worries mate.

As above the standard ph1 setup is the same as that but with the standard fuel lines coming off the pump.

C260C7F3-E9F1-40B9-8E54-89AF484943BF_zpsqfrcuwzg.jpg

42468C1B-0A44-438A-B13A-FB7BEA0ED4FB_zpsjeiazs1l.jpg

so this is whats there now

so my understanding is green out from pump, through filter and down to fuel rail, so remove the t piece and connect it to the filter to create a single out line, and connect the bit at the top of filter (going to the red arrow on the sender ) to a return from the fuel rail

I'm confused where you're going with this, although my ph1 fuel system with return didn't have the "t piece".

Have you got a picture of r the pump? or even the fuel rail/engine bay?

But judging by that pic, you do have a ph1 system with return, as there's two pipes of the same size in the fuel filter picture above.

Oh didn't see your pic above, so isn't it just a case of now running a return line from the rail to the return bit of the pump (red inflow nozzle)

Depending on where that 't piece' 3rd lines goes, it should be as simple as that.

What's the pump look like at the moment? under the rubber cover thing?

so it goes green line/arrow down to back of filter (2nd pic )through filter to T piece upwards goes to red return and down does to fuel line
so its an easy fix, just had me confused for a while, looks like it may have been as i suggested, a mod from the good eggs in france

Think you are a bit confused yep haha.

I'm not 100% sure what that t piece is for.

But your standard set up - would of just been:

Pump - to inline filter - to fuel rail - to injectors. NO return.

The set up you have bought:

Pump - fuel goes out the green arrow - to inline filter - to fuel rail - then fuel rail return - then straight to the pump (red arrow)

So as I re read above. All you will need to do to fit the ph1 pump and ph1 fuel rail, and a fuel pipe from the end of the rail to the red arrow on the pump.

All you need to do with the green arrow is remove it from the pump end, fit the new pump and plug it back in.

all i need to do is remove the t piece fitted line and run a return in to the top (red arrow ) line from the rail, and for a supply line connect the lowest 90 bend on to the side of the filter
i have all the ph1 stuff already just needed to run a return, so i will go out and buy some fuel pipe tomorrow
easy fix

all i need to do is remove the t piece fitted line and run a return in to the top (red arrow ) line from the rail, and for a supply line connect the lowest 90 bend on to the side of the filter
i have all the ph1 stuff already just needed to run a return, so i will go out and buy some fuel pipe tomorrow
easy fix
Cant really understand to much you're writing bud, but the return line doesn't touch the inline filter. and I believe you won't have to touch the t piece.
Well tbh I'm not sure what is even being said anymore haha its late I need sleep.