ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Honda Integra DC5

Weeeeeyyyyyyyyy.

What, no c-pack? :tongueclosed:

Not assed about the c-pack and its gimmicky extras :wink:
^
image.jpeg

Joking aside, always fancied a DC5 but they do fetch strong money

Philip.

ClioSport Club Member
  VRS 245
Tiny update (but an expensive one).

It now has a CAT1 alarm and immobiliser, it's a sigma s30/32 with keypad hidden etc. Looks to be a great bit of kit so far.

Also had a problem with the double din not playing any audio, that's fixed. Simple bit of wiring done when my alarm was getting fitted.

One of my headlights (factory HID I think, this the case @adalis ?) failed to light up, so not sure if it's a bulb or the ballast, it's fired up since though so nothing urgent. They take d2r bulbs and it's a bumper off job :expressionless:

adamlstr

ClioSport Club Member
One of my headlights (factory HID I think, this the case @adalis ?) failed to light up, so not sure if it's a bulb or the ballast, it's fired up since though so nothing urgent. They take d2r bulbs and it's a bumper off job :expressionless:

Yep, factory xenon/hid type job. Common thing to be at fault is the ballasts IIRC, yet I've not had any issues (yet!).

Philip.

ClioSport Club Member
  VRS 245
Yep, factory xenon/hid type job. Common thing to be at fault is the ballasts IIRC, yet I've not had any issues (yet!).

It only failed once so I'm hoping it just had a bit of a tantrum as I hadn't driven it for nearly a week! It fired up 5 or 6 times afterwards though so hoping it's alright for now.

I've seen people getting aftermarket kits from hid's direct and fitting them. Whole kit is £65 quid compared for nearly 400 for two Honda sets!

Philip.

ClioSport Club Member
  VRS 245
Not really much to update, it's going in for some work tonight though and wont be back until Monday.

It's having a service and some bits done:
Engine oil change
Gearbox oil change
Plugs
Valve clearances checked
Clutch squeak greased up (had it on my Civic too, lol)
Baffles removed from centre box as they're rattling
Front pads

and last but not least...UNDERSEAL!
They're using Dinitrol and are going to do the underneath and arches in black, plus take the skirts off to do the sills properly.

Going to be an expensive visit. 😞

Philip.

ClioSport Club Member
  VRS 245
Yeah mate. RV Jones in Neston. Used to take my Civic there.

He worked in Two Mills for 30 odd years so he knows his Hondas!

Philip.

ClioSport Club Member
  VRS 245
Got the car back, the underseal is amazing.
Car feels so sharp after a refresh too!

I had a mess with the exhaust when I got home and tripped the o2 sensor after the cat. God knows what I've done but my engine management light is on.

Went to get it checked and it's definitely the secondary one so no worries for now. I need the baffles sorting on the exhaust properly and will then attend to the o2 sensor.

Philip.

ClioSport Club Member
  VRS 245
This is a good buy. I can see the values getting silly soon.

Why I wanted a lower mileage example, maximizing the value ftw!
Still got £100 left over after the sale of the s15, even after the undersealing and bits over the last week.

Philip.

ClioSport Club Member
  VRS 245
Looks awesome dude . Always fancied a teg . Going down the k100/kpro route?

Thanks mate. I would definitely recommend one, they're an animal in the lanes.

I'd love to go K100/Pro! Will see what happens in the future I guess.
Got some more tidying up to do for now. Underseal and a proper alarm/immobiliser was the main priority.

_Tom

ClioSport Club Member
What does Kpro give these? I was reading our local map place mapped a standard FN2 to 220bhp. That's some increase on a N/A car.

Philip.

ClioSport Club Member
  VRS 245
What does Kpro give these? I was reading our local map place mapped a standard FN2 to 220bhp. That's some increase on a N/A car.

That is a massive increase! Just pissing about with fueling etc?

KPRO with exhaust, filters etc will see about 250bhp.

Last edited: