ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Honda Integra DC5

Philip.

ClioSport Club Member
  VRS 245
Stuff happened!

So, as a few of you may know. I was suffering from weird steering feel for a while. I ended up at vtecdirect to diagnose.
It was only a 30min drive away and they had a good rep for everything Honda. What a garage. Fantastic guys and I won't be going anywhere else for the bigger jobs.

They ended up diagnosing quite a few things including two fucked shocks (passenger front and rear), fucked lower control arm bushes, and movement in the shock due to a dodgy bolt...not sure how that happened. All of those combined meant my alignment was way off on one side.

So I ended up ordering some of these...
31570840893_8f41721ce1_c.jpg

Yellowspeed coilovers.
Plus some bushes, Hardrace rear camber arms, droplinks etc.

I arranged a date and left it at vtecdirect for a few days as it was getting some more underseal too!

This is how I picked it up :cool:
32261637221_4aa1ccb3bd_c.jpg

32261635281_26b654c74a_c.jpg

32342730166_ec96c1e7de_c.jpg

The alignment/set up is unreal. Even though it's wet you can tell the difference with turn in, flow through corners etc. It wants to take bends so quickly 😂 Really happy with the Yellowspeed's. I ended up getting well over £100 off due to the xmas offers on Tegiwa.
The back looks ever so slightly lower than the front due to the front wheels being lost in the arches a little but the amount it went down is about 35mm front/30mm back.

Think i'll get some 15mm spacers for the front next.

adamlstr

ClioSport Club Member
Spacers? Nah mate, what you need is some forged, lightweight, 8 inch wide, bronze wheels...........

Ahem.
I can't remember what state you said your rack slider was in? Did you get that chopped out too? It must feel like a new car with all those bushes and component swap outs!

Philip.

ClioSport Club Member
  VRS 245
Spacers? Nah mate, what you need is some forged, lightweight, 8 inch wide, bronze wheels...........

Ahem.
I can't remember what state you said your rack slider was in? Did you get that chopped out too? It must feel like a new car with all those bushes and component swap outs!

I wish I had the money, believe me! Unless you can do them on finance? 😂

The slider was in really good condition. He actually said the rack itself was in great condition. Pretty much the least amount of play he's seen on a DC5!
It feels amazing :hearteyes: In love with it again.

Danith

ClioSport Club Member
  MX5 ND2/220 Trophy
I wish I had the money, believe me! Unless you can do them on finance? 😂

The slider was in really good condition. He actually said the rack itself was in great condition. Pretty much the least amount of play he's seen on a DC5!
It feels amazing [emoji813]eyes: In love with it again.
Hydraulic (proper) rack on these arent they? Not like the wanky eps on ep3

I keep seeing clios convert to eps from Hydraulic it baffles me

Philip.

ClioSport Club Member
  VRS 245
Hydraulic (proper) rack on these arent they? Not like the wanky eps on ep3

I keep seeing clios convert to eps from Hydraulic it baffles me

Proper rack with adjustable preload etc.
I thought that was my problem but it was checked and okay!

Danith

ClioSport Club Member
  MX5 ND2/220 Trophy
Yep, but the EP3 has really s**t EPS. DC5 rack setup on to an EP3 would be a good mod.
I was gonna do it to mine but cba. Cost a good 500+

Its better now with frsu and polybushed etc but still not as nice as hydraulic

adamlstr

ClioSport Club Member
I was gonna do it to mine but cba. Cost a good 500+

Its better now with frsu and polybushed etc but still not as nice as hydraulic
Yeah DC5 tax is pretty bad.

I took the motor spindle out for about 4.5 minutes when I had my EP3, disabling the EPS completely. I could barely turn the wheel. 😂

Fiesta ST Stage 3
Had some Hardrace parts on my old 350Z and they were good and not at a bad price .

Alan

Stuff happened!

So, as a few of you may know. I was suffering from weird steering feel for a while. I ended up at vtecdirect to diagnose.
It was only a 30min drive away and they had a good rep for everything Honda. What a garage. Fantastic guys and I won't be going anywhere else for the bigger jobs.

They ended up diagnosing quite a few things including two fucked shocks (passenger front and rear), fucked lower control arm bushes, and movement in the shock due to a dodgy bolt...not sure how that happened. All of those combined meant my alignment was way off on one side.

So I ended up ordering some of these...
31570840893_8f41721ce1_c.jpg

Yellowspeed coilovers.
Plus some bushes, Hardrace rear camber arms, droplinks etc.

I arranged a date and left it at vtecdirect for a few days as it was getting some more underseal too!

This is how I picked it up :cool:
32261637221_4aa1ccb3bd_c.jpg

32261635281_26b654c74a_c.jpg

32342730166_ec96c1e7de_c.jpg

The alignment/set up is unreal. Even though it's wet you can tell the difference with turn in, flow through corners etc. It wants to take bends so quickly 😂 Really happy with the Yellowspeed's. I ended up getting well over £100 off due to the xmas offers on Tegiwa.
The back looks ever so slightly lower than the front due to the front wheels being lost in the arches a little but the amount it went down is about 35mm front/30mm back.

Think i'll get some 15mm spacers for the front next.

OneTime_

ClioSport Club Member
  '65 BMW F31 330d
Mine is still for sale. Not sure if I can link on here but PM me if interested.

Clio
I met someone who owned a DC5 once at a track day. He spoke for 20 minutes about how the panels are bonded to the car rather than riveted or some s**t. I just couldn't escape. I've hated DC5s since then.

Is it even true?

OneTime_

ClioSport Club Member
  '65 BMW F31 330d
Yeah its the K20A, with 217bhp. Just Gumtree being odd. I think it also might be the reg, as it was put on a 51 plate but it's actually a 2002 model.

Danith

ClioSport Club Member
  MX5 ND2/220 Trophy
I met someone who owned a DC5 once at a track day. He spoke for 20 minutes about how the panels are bonded to the car rather than riveted or some s**t. I just couldn't escape. I've hated DC5s since then.

Is it even true?
Car bores. I love my cars but this is why I refuse to go to meets and that helmet hole 'pistenklause' @ Nurburgring

Cba. Raz your car around, make it a bit nicer and leave it at that

Clio
Car bores. I love my cars but this is why I refuse to go to meets and that helmet hole 'pistenklause' @ Nurburgring

Cba. Raz your car around, make it a bit nicer and leave it at that
I didn't have the heart to tell him my knowledge stretched to the one on the right to go faster, the one in the middle to slow down and the one on the left is something to do with moving the wiggly stick in the middle..

Philip.

ClioSport Club Member
  VRS 245
Proper tool.

I love them on the OE wheels actually... although bronze Work XD9s would tempt me. :astonished:

Me too, the money on wheels plus tyres could go else where really.
Could just buy some 15/20mm spacers for the OEM wheels.

Christopher

ClioSport Club Member
  Z4M
Me too, the money on wheels plus tyres could go else where really.
Could just buy some 15/20mm spacers for the OEM wheels.
Most people run H&R 15mm on the OE wheels. Yours looks like a cracker mate.
Have your Honda badges gone pink? :astonished:

Philip.

ClioSport Club Member
  VRS 245
Most people run H&R 15mm on the OE wheels. Yours looks like a cracker mate.
Have your Honda badges gone pink? :astonished:

Thanks mate.

I'll get H&R/Eibach/Tegiwa. Whichever is the cheapest with the best feedback really.
Nah they're still red. The front one has a crack in it though, so needs replacing. :(

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
Terrible wheels, the problem with the oe one is the car is chunky and purposeful... the wheels I don't waqnt to say look small but rather weaker than the car itself.

Christopher

ClioSport Club Member
  Z4M
Terrible wheels, the problem with the oe one is the car is chunky and purposeful... the wheels I don't waqnt to say look small but rather weaker than the car itself.
Stop talking poo, Kevin.

They're really light, like Type R bits should be.

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
I know but don't tell me asthetics don't count in that weird JDM world and imo there are nicer wheels out there. Including the standard ones.

Bronze are win though.