ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Horn wiring snapped..

Allan H

ClioSport Club Member
  Ford Puma, Focus
Taking my wheel off and when removing have pulled the red and black horn wires from the squib. Not had the squib out yet and aware problems with the horn wires are common but is it easy enough just to solder them back on? Will I need to remove the steering angle sensor from the squib to do so? Looks like v small torq screws to separate the two? Can solder well enough but just not sure if the job is a total pita or if I'm better just buying a new 2nd hand squib.. Have already bewildered the cruise control plug to get that working properly.

MrBlonde

ClioSport Club Member
Did you manage to fix this mate as i have had the same problem.

Those wires & plug have come off & i have fitted a phase1 stalk but horn is still not working.

loggyboy

ClioSport Club Member
Taking my wheel off and when removing have pulled the red and black horn wires from the squib. Not had the squib out yet and aware problems with the horn wires are common but is it easy enough just to solder them back on? Will I need to remove the steering angle sensor from the squib to do so? Looks like v small torq screws to separate the two? Can solder well enough but just not sure if the job is a total pita or if I'm better just buying a new 2nd hand squib.. Have already bewildered the cruise control plug to get that working properly.
Squib effectively just just pulls off, just with small clips from behind, you dont need to undo any screws. It does has its own connectors behind which need disconnected first.
When you replace the squib, you automatically replace all the cables that run to the steering wheel (horn, airbag (and if fitted CC buttons). So no soldering is needed if replacing the whole squib.

MrBlonde

ClioSport Club Member
Just an updated to say my horn is now fixed and working,it was just the simple case of fitting new connectors and wire brush to the horn itself.