ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

how do i apply egp

cliosport 182
as above do u just youse a meg foam pad to put it on it says on the bottle not to rub it on to the bodywork.what do u guys youse to apply it do i just use a microfiber towel to remove it

TeZ

Non RS : (
i just use a lint free cloth and evenly apply over the bodywork not rubbing it in, then use a good microfibre about 1hour or so later... think thats right?

TeZ

Non RS : (
obviously if u got time or a garage u can apply a coat leave it over night then microtowel it in the morning etc i think the longer u leave the better TBH

106 GTi
Just wipe it over the whole car with a foam hand pad in a very very thin even coat, no need for excess pressure. Allow to cure for at least 45-60 mins and remove with a microfiber cloth.

Thin as you can as anything you remove is excess wasted product, wack it on thick or in the sun and it will be a mare to remove.

Don't put it on in the sun or leave it much longer than 45 minutes.... trust me!

The time you leave it overnight is the curing time between layers, you don't leave it overnight with the product still on it!

106 GTi
Works fine left on for a few hours - The longer you leave it on (in a garage not in the sun!) the easier it wipe off.

I leave mine on overnight in the garage all the time and then remove the next day, then you have to wait another 12 hours before the next layer.

Works fine left on for a few hours - The longer you leave it on (in a garage not in the sun!) the easier it wipe off.

I leave mine on overnight in the garage all the time and then remove the next day, then you have to wait another 12 hours before the next layer.

I stand duly corrected then. Every time I've left it on mine for more than an hour it's been a total pita to remove. Perhaps I'm doing it wrong then (probably leaving it out in the open rather than in the garage).

I tend to leave it on for 45 mins and remove and then leave a reasonable time to cure.

106 GTi
To thick or left on in the sun for even a little while and it will be a nightmare.

Applied in an evening when it is cool, garaged over night and wiped off the next morning and you should be fine.

172 gone :( 197 now :)
Use a quarter of the amount you think you should use! Took me a couple of go's before I realised how little to use and how thinly to apply it.

Darren S

ClioSport Club Member
Aye - all the posts above about using minimal amounts are so true! It's a right bar-steward to get off if you cake the car in it - not to mention the fact that you're just wasting most of it....

D.

Ali

V6, Trackhawk, GTS
getting it thin is the key...And thats why i hate EGP...Even apply'd thinly it's a nitemare to get off!!

BBC

CLIO 182 & Astra TwinTop
Turtle Wax Platinum Protection Extra Gloss is very similar to EGP and comes off really easy with a nice soft clean towel.