ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

How long are you DS2500 fronts lasting

RS 250, X5M,K1600Gt
I have a clio 172 cup. Have groved brembo front disks and and DS2500 on the front. They were new on on friday morning. Track was wet and dryed out during morning and was nice for afternoon. Had new nankang ar1 tyres. Pads are 3/4 worn after 1 day. I was giving the car a bit of jipp but surprised how they wore so quickly. George would be happy. Do cl5 or any of the other track/race good pads give better life. These are 125 squids but dont mind paying more. Would fitting a cooling kit help with life in these pads. Car is used solely for trackdays

That's about right mate, CL are similar unless you get the CL6E which are endurance pads. Ferodo DS1.11 are another which will last longer as well. TBH the DS2500's are a bit meh anyway so you may want to upgrade to one of the above as they'll last longer and give much better braking.

RS 250, X5M,K1600Gt
Ok thanks for the advice will look at getting those. I do stay out for long periods so maybe that doesn't help either. Any preference with the cl5e or 1.11?
That's about right mate, CL are similar unless you get the CL6E which are endurance pads. Ferodo DS1.11 are another which will last longer as well. TBH the DS2500's are a bit meh anyway so you may want to upgrade to one of the above as they'll last longer and give much better braking.

Ok thanks for the advice will look at getting those. I do stay out for long periods so maybe that doesn't help either. Any preference with the cl5e or 1.11?
Its a tough one as the CL6E do have a better coefficient (more grip) but if used when cold they wear really fast, they need to be up to temp to be long lasting, so if yours is used on road then its a no, no. The DS1.11 seem to get very good reviews on here and elsewhere so I'd probably give them a go. As Dan said above the Mintex M1155 are decent pads and I've just fitted them to mine, not tried them on track yet but first impressions on the road they are as good as the CL5+ and better than the DS2500, but that's the road on track could be a total different ball game. I'll be putting a review up of them after the bank holiday weekend where I've got 2 track days to get through.

cpaterson76

ClioSport Club Member
  Supercharged AG 200
CL pads do not like grooved discs..... run the the standard high carbons, you will get better results.

cpaterson76

ClioSport Club Member
  Supercharged AG 200
DS 1.11 will give you a very progressive feel. Opposite end of the scale from your DS 2500. Lasted forever on the Trophy with Brembo max discs and no fade.
CL wear quite quick, I switched to CL8s which lasted very well, but agin better with standard high carbon discs. CL give massive initial bite over Ferodo and again never fail.

DS2500 will fail pretty quickly over prolonged use.

Re the grooved discs it is a recommendation from CL, I never ran CL6 with grooved as they only lasted 3 to 4 track days on HC standard discs, but I did use RC8s on Brembo max grooved discs with no issue. The hardly wore compared to the 6s. As far as stopping power goes you will go a long way to beat CL

DS 1.11 will give you a very progressive feel. Opposite end of the scale from your DS 2500. Lasted forever on the Trophy with Brembo max discs and no fade.
CL wear quite quick, I switched to CL8s which lasted very well, but agin better with standard high carbon discs. CL give massive initial bite over Ferodo and again never fail.

DS2500 will fail pretty quickly over prolonged use.

Re the grooved discs it is a recommendation from CL, I never ran CL6 with grooved as they only lasted 3 to 4 track days on HC standard discs, but I did use RC8s on Brembo max grooved discs with no issue. The hardly wore compared to the 6s. As far as stopping power goes you will go a long way to beat CL
What did you use the RC8's in? I found them way to aggressive at Oulton In Feb on my stripped 182, the inside just kept locking up with moderate force, hopefully it was due to the cold (dampish) track, worn R888's and lighter on the NS. Gonna give them ago again at Aintree on Saturday with new rubber coated in tyre softener and its gonna be 24 degrees so hopefully they come into there own.

cpaterson76

ClioSport Club Member
  Supercharged AG 200
RC8's were in the my Track Trophy. I found these to have the same stopping power as 6's (slighty more aggressive) they just didn't crumble and i got approx 8 track days out of them. on cold / wet days days i had to use the DS 1.11's which had the same stopping force but didn't have the initial bite, which caused the same issues you describe. both of tehse were with teh brembo conversion. in all fairness teh brembo conversion was more hassle that its worth and eth standard callipers are more than capable, if not better on a 172 / 182 for track use if you have teh correct pads in. Best teh car ever ran was on the standard callipers with rc6's. Brembos looked good, but just gave too much stopping power for a light car, needed to be a warm day with sitcky rubber to get teh best out of them

incy-spider

ClioSport Club Member
RC8's were in the my Track Trophy. I found these to have the same stopping power as 6's (slighty more aggressive) they just didn't crumble and i got approx 8 track days out of them. on cold / wet days days i had to use the DS 1.11's which had the same stopping force but didn't have the initial bite, which caused the same issues you describe. both of tehse were with teh brembo conversion. in all fairness teh brembo conversion was more hassle that its worth and eth standard callipers are more than capable, if not better on a 172 / 182 for track use if you have teh correct pads in. Best teh car ever ran was on the standard callipers with rc6's. Brembos looked good, but just gave too much stopping power for a light car, needed to be a warm day with sitcky rubber to get teh best out of them

Teh, tehse, eth?! [emoji23]

George@RTR_Parts

ClioSport Trader
  need BRAKES? PM me
Get some DS1.11 in there Chris, they're great pads and wear really well mate. Now you're on a more track focused set up with sticky tyres etc, the DS1.11 will be more suited and cope with the heat better

The DS1.11 are becoming more and more popular and I only get really positive feedback for them :up:

RS 250, X5M,K1600Gt
That sounds like a plan George....what's the damage? I will order some when I get back from Dubai....also how much for the smooth hc discs from brembo