ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

How ridiculus.....

imprezaworks

ClioSport Club Member
  Mk5 Golf GTI :)
How insurance varies so much. Since i was 20 ive been on a traders policy through work, i know that doesnt count as no claims but i though it may help. Obviously not. The only thing against me is that i got banned for 28 days last year for speeding, i know stupid. Apart from that in the 13 years ive been driving, never had any points, claims etc. I started my own policy last year so ive now got 1yr ncb. Oh and im 30. The quotes ive had-

ChrisKnott £1200......
Directline £1800
Churchill £1900
Brentacre £940. I can do anything to the car apart from modify the engine.
SkyInsurance £2100 with their 'ClioSport discount' Hilarious....

The car- Completely std x reg 172 sport. Just thought id share my experience in the car insurance game lol

Dan

Hyundai i40
LMAO thats just stupid Dan

ffs another Dan! lol

i dont know whats happened with insurance lately but seems alot of people are having this trouble from recent posts on here

DrR

ClioSport Club Member
  VW Golf GTD
Got me worried! I might have to get a few quotes.

imprezaworks

ClioSport Club Member
  Mk5 Golf GTI :)
Absolute joke. You would think im insuring a ferrari or something. Ive had quick cars before although through the traders policy. Not that it counts for much. The thing that makes me laugh is that Sky insurannce a trader on here is the dearest out of them all!!!! How the f**k do you work that one out. Obviously their 20% discount or whatever it is doesnt apply to me lol. When i ring to accept Brentacre's qoute i might mention to advertise on here? Pretty sure they will get the majority of business. Sorry to go on just pi**ed off.

Dan

Ph1 172
i've been shopping about for insurance for a 172, coming from having a company car for two years. best quote i had was Aviva was totally shocked tbh. came in at 300 quid with 4 years ncb. driving 10 years with no points etc. highest i had was 1200 quid from tesco!!!

A4 130
I got 3 quotes over 2300, and 2 for 1400+, Adrian Flux offered me 900 plus no deposit to renew. Im 22 btw

jenic

ClioSport Club Member
All these threads are making me worry about my renewal. Might take it off the road for a month at renewal, til i turn 21.

Really wanted to break the £1K barrier aswell :(

ITB BG 182
GREENLIGHT insurance - seriously, im worried abit about it going up due to the condiction of my license but the only way i will know is when it comes through, IT should be ok as i have 5 years NCD now.