ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

how to route power lead

hiya guys, wondering whats the best way to route my amplifier power lead through the main cabin from the dash to the boot?

in my previous cars ive routed down under the trim to the side, but i wanted to see if theres any tricks i should know about. Also its 0 gauge so its quite thick?

ne suggestions would be great many thanks craig :)

Old one, theres a gommet behind the glove box to the engine bay..

.. then just take up the side bits and route it down there.

Tom

ClioSport Club Member
  EV (s)

LOL bonnet

Read the faq at the top of the ice section.

soz guys hadnt had the chance to check backto the post, been to busy fitting my 17"s on the beast, and i must say it looks stunning!!! :D

as for te car its a mk1 phase three. How do u get up the sidetrim then? and will 0 gauge fit under there?

Yea, it just unscews and unclips - might be best buying a Haynes or something, but its pretty easy, fetch it all up - LOADS of room..

ok so where are the clips ad screws wat tools i need and wat parts do i have to take off? any help will be appreciated, looking to do this on thursday so a quick response would be amazing, cant get my hands on the manual till friday, and dont want to waste my time tmrw, can get all the wiring done tmrw and finish off the boot build. :) pics will follow shortly all going well

IMHO its best to strip the whole interior, that way you can route the cable whereever you want it to go, rather than whereever you can get it to go

yea but i need to separate the power leads and the rem and the rcas so the sensible thing to do in my mind is run them down opposite sides of the ca, and if theyll fit in there theres no prob, so how do u get the trim off?

ok im happy with running the power lead down the left hand side of the car, tha being the passenger side. Yet i cant find a suitable place to get the lead from the battery through to the main cabin? is there a grommit hiding somewhere, i dont particuarly want to go drilling. EVERYTHING LOOKS SEALED!!!

plz help needed asap