ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

how to stop my car cutting chunks out of

right i first noticed it on the euro trip but my car cant carry anyone in the back without it rubbing and cutting bits out of the walls of my tyres and making that nasty pfhurbing noise when it does it.

so how would i cure this it also doesnt just do it with people in the back also when on full compression when hitting a dip. my wheels are 7.5 X 17 with 205/40/17 tyres not sure on offset.

Any help would be great

mike

yeah it is out side wall can you roll the 172 arches easily?? front and rear and how do you remove the arch liners and does this have any side affects

not sure how to remove them but this seems to be standard procedure for big wheels, as for rolling the arches the rear can be done as its metal but the fronts they will probably just cut back as the wings are plastic

also some tyres have a squarer profile than others and even if we are only talking a couple of mm difference it could mean the difference between it touching and not touching as you said it was rare for it to do it a different tyre(make and brand) might solve it

Lionel Richie

Quote: Originally posted by telford_mike on 03 May 2003

Is the car lowered? Could pop in a couple of spring helpers to raise it up a teeny bit?
Dont be silly mike, the best way is to use an angle grinder :devilish:

nope its not lowerd at all :( the tyres have a very square edge no rim protectors so it looks like im going to have to remove bits then :(

ta for the help you lot

mike