ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

HU Mounting Depth

Ph-Sold!

Hiya all, this is my first post and I hope there to be many more

Ive just got a MK2 Clio 1.2 (poor I know, but Im still on my first years insurance and work doesnt pay me well enough to have something serious yet!)

Ive taken the old tape player out and put my Pionner 1400 HU in there, but it doesnt sit flush with the dash, think theres too many cables running behind the HU (which go to the dials etc) but theres a plastic backing plate as well.

I persume the Pioneer is deeper than Renault intended! Anyone had this problem or got round it somehow?

Tim

Has

RS 182 - Black Gold

when they fitted my head unit, it popped back out, lol

make sure u have the cage properly on the outside, and push back hard clearign the wires to the side.

Push hard and be careful, it was a b**ch to get in tho, lucky it was the installer doign it not me, my luck it wud have broke

Ph-Sold!

Cheers mate,

Just a case of not wanting to push it too much, was a b*****d to get there, but fits nicely now, just need to do it all over again when I get round to getting my sub/amp :D

Tim