ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Ibis White A3 S-Line Sportback C1 Detail...

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
Written for DW.. :eek:

Hello again guys and gals (no pun intended) welcome to another little detail of mine.

A lovely chap called Mikey on here contacted me through Craig to see if I would stick some C1 on his Wife's stunning new Audi and a general new car tidy up. Of course I was happy to oblige. :D

It was probably one of the hardest 1 day details i've done. Wheels off for sealing with C1 was hard work. I'd rather correct paint all day! :lol:

Massive thanks to my Boss again for letting me use the workshop etc.

Anyway on with the detail in hand...

Car arrived with some general travel dirt, looking at Mikes Leon I can tell he looks after his cars. This one was straight from the dealer really...

IMG_1010.jpg

IMG_1011.jpg

IMG_1013.jpg

IMG_1014.jpg

IMG_1016.jpg

IMG_1017.jpg

IMG_1029.jpg

Oh and some awesome dealer prep... Tape residue everywhere...

IMG_1012.jpg

IMG_1066.jpg

IMG_1067.jpg

At this point it's worth explaining there are quite a few pictures missing. Time was uber tight, my compact camera battery wasn't even charged because i'm a r****d. iPhone 4 to the rescue, sort of...

Choice of some of todays tools!

IMG_1020.jpg

First up wheels off and cleaned, AB Britegel still my favourite cleaner and couple of pics of Wolf's De-Ironizer doing it's thing...

IMG_1021.jpg

IMG_1027.jpg

Not too bad considering how bad the wheels were with brake dust pitting.

Quick Snowfoam and wash. Washed with my new favourite shampoo...

IMG_1028.jpg

Time to get cracking. The ever standout G101 used around the car. My Swissvax brush is falling apart, no surprise, you might see some bristles in some pics.

Rear shuts were like a dirt trap..

IMG_1030.jpg

IMG_1031.jpg

IMG_1032.jpg

IMG_1033.jpg

IMG_1034.jpg

IMG_1035.jpg

IMG_1036.jpg

And the obligatory petrol cap shot ;)

IMG_1037.jpg

Onto the Tardis, White cars eh! 2 full hits, Tardis removed with a Blue MF applicator, works so so much better than an MF cloth imo.

IMG_1038.jpg

IMG_1039.jpg

IMG_1040.jpg

IMG_1045.jpg

Rear bumper corners were so bad...

IMG_1040.jpg

Then onto de-ironizer... another eye opener on a brand new White car, 2 hits required both left 30 minutes, time was way too tight...

IMG_1048.jpg

Bonnet...

IMG_1049.jpg

IMG_1051.jpg

Rear...

IMG_1055.jpg

IMG_1056.jpg

IMG_1057.jpg

IMG_1059.jpg

Washed again after 2nd hit didn't seem to bring up too much more... need more iron remover now! :lol:

Rolled inside for claying, trying out some more Zaino clay, i'm in love with it and as always BH autoclay. Stalwart. Clay lube, water/demon shine mix...

IMG_1062.jpg

IMG_1063.jpg

Another major point of my detailing since I learned the ins and outs of claying is the cleaner the clay bar the better. I cringe when I see people rubbing heavy tar over their paintwork. Anyway my two hits or tar remover and iron remover worked well...

Bonnet and o/s wing...

IMG_1064.jpg

n/s wing and door...

IMG_1065.jpg

The Z18 had a bit more bite than the softer BH imo and had a bit more colour change after the roof, zero clay spots mostly just fallout.

Washed again and dried, back in doors for some polishing...

1 step polish just to nip out any small swirls from dealer prep, 106FA and a 3M yellow pad as always! ;)

Worked superbly well whilst leaving some marks that would have come out with more time spent, that wasn't the aim of the detail at this time.

After polishing...

IMG_1070.jpg

IMG_1071.jpg

IMG_1072.jpg

IMG_1073.jpg

IMG_1074.jpg

IMG_1078.jpg

B Pillar trims were a little marked from the dealer, easily sorted...

IMG_1077.jpg

IPA wipe down...

IMG_1079.jpg

Now I want to just mention about this product...

IMG_1080.jpg

Gtechniq C1.

I'll go out on a limb here and say it's one of the most impressive products i've ever seen or used since I started detailing. It's simply blown me away.

I always said any future car I own will have the C1 treatment as my current car does... sadly that won't be the case with C1 leaving the market to make way for C1+.

This might be one of the last details I do with C1. Hopefully not. :(

Anyway everyone knows application isn't easy and poor application really will kick you in the ass. It's nice to be confident when applying it and I have Craig to thank for that.

Few finishing touches, Glass with AF Crystal, front got another coat of G1, Trim with AF revive and tyres with Megs endurance as always

Exhaust treated with my favourite Autosol and super fine wire wool, IPA and C1 to seal...

IMG_1090.jpg

IMG_1091.jpg

IMG_1092.jpg

IMG_1094.jpg

IMG_1095.jpg

Thanks for taking the time to read guys, not my best write up but I did say to Mikey I would do one for him, apologies about the lack of some pics.

Thanks again to my Boss, he does me so many favour and a big thanks to Mikey and his Wife for trusting a stranger with their brand new car. Lovely couple and hopefully get to chart again soon.

Enjoy the afters...

IMG_1082.jpg

IMG_1086.jpg

IMG_1087.jpg

IMG_1088.jpg

IMG_1097.jpg

IMG_1102.jpg

IMG_1104.jpg

IMG_1105.jpg

IMG_1107.jpg

IMG_1109.jpg

IMG_1111.jpg

IMG_1112.jpg

IMG_1113.jpg

IMG_1114.jpg

IMG_1115.jpg

IMG_1118.jpg

IMG_1121.jpg

IMG_1120.jpg

Thanks again for reading guys. I hate Photobucket so much.

Gally

ClioSport Club Member
Nice job Kev came up well. I hope you get mine looking as good as that ;)

Even better. I love Silver!

I didn't know the iphone 2 had a camera.... ;)

Car looks... well... just like my current hack really ;)

Bloody good job though Scotland.

I honestly cannot believe how bad those pictures are. The iPhone has a stunning camera. The pictures looked amazing imo... now look at them! :(

fml I really need to give mines a proper clean!

Looks ace though!

Cheers Adaaam!

_Tom

ClioSport Club Member
Looks great. How much am i looking to pay to have this done? I need to find someone in the South West to do the BMW.

Gally

ClioSport Club Member
Lovely looking car and great work!

Thanks mate.

Looks great. How much am i looking to pay to have this done? I need to find someone in the South West to do the BMW.

Depends on who does it and how good you want it to be.

Shame about the C1.

End product looks great!

Yeah i'm proper gutted about it. I'll hopefully get a few 2nd hand bottles if I can for stock.

Decent job there mate :)

Cheers fella. The hire car at CSS will either be rally dirt spec or uber clean! :eek:

Shite photos and dirty here let's it down;

IMG_1094.jpg

Joking. Looks epicz! I want C1 on all future cars as well, so will be interesting to see what C1+ comes out like.

Gally

ClioSport Club Member
Awesome work but did you take those pictures with a rock? :eek:

f**king photobucket, me and you both know how good the 4 camera is. :( Qaulity difference is ridiculous!

JD, C1+ doesn't have the sheeting ability of C1 on it's own, it needs C1.5 to help it. Defeats the point imo.

Thanks guys. The exhaust bar the tailpipe is in poor condition for a new car. I told them to speak to someone about it.

Gally

ClioSport Club Member
Nah don't worry about it mate. Wait until your next big detail. :)

Gally

ClioSport Club Member
I was more talking about the dirt on the plastics underneath the car ;)

You should know plastics are done 2nd last sweet cheeks. ;) It's all in the detail.

Did you seal the exhaust after Auto Sol BTW? or did I read that wrong?

Sealed with C1 mate. It's superb at making future cleaning easy.

Cracking work!

Cheers James. :)

Lol.

Good detail none the less.

Cheers mate.

How did you sort the swirls on the b-pillar?

I did it via machine but i'd buy something like AF tripple. It'll make a nice job of them with the fillers.

Well done gally,shame you dont live in telford.I'd love to trust someone with mine.

Would be a pleasure aswell mate.

Gally

ClioSport Club Member
Yeah tough coat is fine mate. Spend lots of time with wire wool etc and then keep on top of it mate. Easier to clean that way. :)

Most normal sealants won't last but it will offer a lot of protection so will be easier to clean in the future. :)

Hondata'd EP3 Type R
Yeah tough coat is fine mate. Spend lots of time with wire wool etc and then keep on top of it mate. Easier to clean that way. :)

Most normal sealants won't last but it will offer a lot of protection so will be easier to clean in the future. :)

We Autosolled my Exhaust back from the dead when I first got it

e7dbbf34.jpg

4ff01c45.jpg

Just curious if I could seal it to make it easier to keep on top of, wasnt sure if Tough coat would melt :) Thanks

Gally

ClioSport Club Member
Well worth a try. You'll only use a pea size amount anyway.

Cracking work, as always!
Gtechniq products are amazing, although I've only used the window treatment myself (G1,2&4) - I don't think I'd quite trust myself with chemical treatment on the whole of the paintwork :S
Seems like a crappy decision to introduce a worse product in the shape of C1+ and then having to buy C1.5 with it, but then they're out to make money I guess...

aucky

ClioSport Club Member
Do you like C1? ;)
Great work mate, and you work fast it seems!

I'm looking forward to seeing more results from C1+, fingers crossed it will be my choice for next winter if its up to the task. Initially a bit sceptical though.

Gally

ClioSport Club Member
Cheers Joey. Will reserve anymore judgement. It might be the case where I use it as a base product.

Bit like some people do with C1. Apply and then top with a nice wax or similar. :)

Cheers Aucky. It was hard going. It's nice to have help.

DB.

BMW 440i
Great work, a few photo's with the camera more than 10cm away from the car would add to the write up! ;)

Gally

ClioSport Club Member
Looks really good Gally.

Cheers mate, pics are shocking.

Great work, a few photo's with the camera more than 10cm away from the car would add to the write up! ;)

Yeah wasn't much in the way of a write up to be honest mate, only did it because the owner asked me as a favour. Not my usual standard. :)