ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Ideal £5k toolbox

J-J

ClioSport Club Member
As the thread title, if you had £5k to spend on a stocked toolbox what would you go for?

I know tools are always down to personal preference, but is there any better kit out there than the Teng TC Monster kit for the money? Usually at £7k it's on at Screwfix of all places for £5200. http://www.screwfix.com/p/teng-tools-monster-mega-master-tool-kit-1123-piece-set/7563k
7563K_P&$prodImageMedium$.jpg

Snap-on, Teng, Nice case and a load of Halfords Advanced gear, what would be the preference?

Jason_E

ClioSport Club Member
  Elise, 530d
Personally have a mix of Snap-On and Halfords in a way too expensive Snap-On toolbox. Now i'm off the tools I feel it may have been a waste, but do enjoy having decent tools to work with. For the fully stocked kits, I dont think you can beat Teng on the value though! But will say the Halfords Advanced stuff is mighty good. Snap-On is another level but you pay through the teeth.

Jason_E

ClioSport Club Member
  Elise, 530d
snap on are mediocre at best, they've had their day.
A lot of people say this but I do notice the difference with proper wanker bolts lol. Less likely to round off with the snap on sockets/spanners as I find the fit a lot nicer.

J-J

ClioSport Club Member
I'm not going to lie, Snap-on's hideous UK website is putting me off.

Ive got halfords mac n snap on. Ratchets are ok from halfords but if to much pressure they slip. Other than that halfords sockets are alot cheaper to replace ;)

dan's cast offs.
A lot of people say this but I do notice the difference with proper wanker bolts lol. Less likely to round off with the snap on sockets/spanners as I find the fit a lot nicer.

the socket normally splits open, gone through 3 or 4 16mm sockets in just over a year.

Dom_capper

ClioSport Club Member
  2012 Renault Clio
I split 3 snap on 17mm sockets last week. Lifetime guarantee but no good if you need it there and then.

iimushroomzii

Toilet roll king
  Transit Connect.
I wouldn't be going out and spending 5k on a toolbox,a bit proportion of that will be going on tolls you don't need. I'd buy what you need when you need it and build up a toolbox .

J-J

ClioSport Club Member
Update.

Long story short it needed to be a £5k box from a dealer and not a purchase off eBay, spend £200 and the rest on blow, go on holiday yada yada. I've got the above Teng set getting delivered on Saturday from an online place called toolorders. Honestly can't fault them one bit so far, their service has been second to none.

Looking forward to seeing what's in it in person!