ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Im stuck!! Changing lower arm!

Saab 93 Aero Wagon
Evening people. Im doing a late (prob gonna be very late) at work.

In the middle of changing my nearside lower arm (think it needs a new balljoint). Undone the inboard bolts, the ARB bracket bolt and the balljoint pinch bolt but i can't get the balljoint to drop out of the hub!

And no....unfortunately i don't have a balljoint seperater either!
Any suggestions? Im stuck here tonight otherwise!!!

ITB'd MK1
put a jack under the hub to steady the suspension, give a few sharp taps on the hub around the balljoint with a hammer, then hit the arm downwards HARD

Dodgy one
i find wiggling the disk seems to help just becareful that the BJ doesnt pop out or you pull the shaft out, Failing that i used to opt for a few chisels etc to free it.

But i bought a BJ separator for £ fiver to do it easily

Saab 93 Aero Wagon
Beauty!!!!

There's alot to be said for just hitting the s**t out of stuff with a hammer!

Cheers lads!

Mondeo TDCI 130
It is called persuasion in the trade! he he!!! if you have the facilities, you need a long bar going through and resting under the floor of the the car, get someone to put some downward force on it!!

Another thing to do is get someone to hold it on a lock righ over, then tap a chisel in the slot to widen it a bit!

Saab 93 Aero Wagon
Well im now trying to manipulate the whole new arm back into place but the ARB is nicely in the way!
Best to do up the balljoint pinch nut first then try to manhandle the rest into place?

Saab 93 Aero Wagon
Ignore my last! She's all tucked up in bed now...hehe. Just need to do everything back up!

Phew......thought i was gonna be in for the long haul...

m-tec bmw 325 ci spo
to get that lower arm done up you might have to pull down on it for it to tighten or windy gun it;)