ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Immobiliser Fault

mk1 clio
Yes my sisters clio has the famous immobiliser fault.

Ive searched this forum ...read a lot .

Checked - Fuses,relays and all seem fine ..no corroding,or burntness ...all fine.

It turns over but doesnt fire up. Im only good with mk1 clio's ..if this happened id either get another coil pack or a new tdc sensor.

Also tried what others have said ...moving the car forward a bit and trying it..also tried what someone mentioned on here by turning the lights on and trying to start it...nothing!

Starting to lose my faith in renaults after i had loads of trouble with my clio gtt at fcs last weekend lol.

Anybody got any idea's other than take it to renault ...as my sister doesnt have breakdown cover.

Cheers

Monaco 172
new decoder ring, or a new key.

try get a decoder ring from another clio or a scrappy, i got one for 20 notes.

turned out i needed the key. if you search my name theres a video with the problem i had, compare it with your problems

mk1 clio
Ah rite ok ...so basically get the car down to renault then :( ..get the key coded again ..tis weird as i had the car driving the other nite lol

recaro'd 172 & trophy
tell me bout it honest i tried new coding then new key. in the end new ecu i was gutted 500 and odd ££££££££sss

mk1 clio
haha id be cheaper putting another engine in ...or changing the engine to carb'd lol ...im going to call renault in the morning..see what they say..obviously i want the cheap option.

mk1 clio
just went out and checked ...im guessing the immobiliser light is the flashing red one? ...if so it goes out when trying to crank it. ..What could it be then? ...TDC sensor?

J-J

ClioSport Club Member
Have you tried using the other key? or batteries in the key, mine did this, and I also found that if I tried to jump start it, then tried with the key again it worked :S

J-J

ClioSport Club Member
Yeah mine was like that, it'd open and lock, turnover but not start, then when it did start it would cut out at times. Try my pikey fix ;) lol

mk1 clio
Sorted it!! ...asked on my own clio forum ...someone said to turn the car to when the warning lights come on ...leave it a min.. then try start it ....took a few turns ..but it started up ...took it a drive. Came back ..turned car off and put it back on..started first time ..twice!! :D :D