ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Immobiliser problem or something

Renault Clio Alize
Ok so I have a mk2 ph1 Clio. The last few days I have noticed my car not starting, then I realized when it didn't start the immobiliser light was flashing like no tomorrow. It didn't do it all the time but today, it did it more often than any other day. I rang up Westover Renault and spoke to someone in the service department. She told me it's either the key and code or just the code in the key. Earlier today, it wouldn't let me I start it at any point so I used a temp fix where I turn the key 2 notches, pressed and hold the button while turning it back once and then forward again, after that she started perfectly. Either way they are expensive. Is there a way I can tell which one it is rather than spending money I don't have?

I have had it put on a diagnosis machine reader and everything came back fine, although he tried it when it wasn't playing up, can that give a different reading??

Renault Clio Alize
I read another thread under a similar name and they had the same problem and all they did was changed the code reader ring that reads the codes for the immobiliser. Could that work?