ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Imola S Buckets seats for a 172... Help and Pics needed ! ! !

Clio 182 :)
Hi Guys :)

I'm posting on behalf of the webmaster of our french CS : http://www.cliors-concept.com/index.php

Here's what we sent to Imola :

I placed an order for a couple of Imola S buckets seats, and I have a few questions...

I wanted to know what is needed to fix it in a Clio PH1 172.
I have seen that you have T squares and support bases where the slide looks like it's integrated.... I assume there's different type of heights, finishing touches ?
I'd also like to know if I can put back my seatbelts on it and if there's a way to lean the seats forward to access the rear seats...

Could you please tell me everything I need in order to fix it properly without any problem inside the car, if you have the parts needed ?

Here's our reply :

Thank you for your email. I can confirm that you will need the following applications to fit the seats correctly into your car:

Side Mounts (Fit onto each Side of Seat) £82.50 ea inc. VAT

Adaption Bars (Fit between Sub-frame and Sidemounts £32.50 ea inc. VAT

Sub-frame (Replaces existing Sub-frame in car and has facility to enable seats to slide forwards and backwards) £85.00 ea inc. VAT

Unfortunately the Sub-frame Slide’s forward but doesn’t tilt. The application on the Frame Slide’s forward approximately 12 inches.

Kind Regards,

As far as I understood, they're not talking about the seatbelts or what so ever... has anyone fitted this seats in a ph1 172 before, if yes, pics and advice needed...

Cheers guys ! ! !

Hiya,
Firstly Cobra have now discontinued the Imola S seats and have replaced them with the Imola Pro Seats. (Slightly more expensive, And trimmed in a different fabric) So the only way you will get the imola s seat is if any shops have them left over, Cobra are not making anymore.

In order to fix the seat in your car you will need - a subframe - (Bolts to the car) a pair of sidemounts(these bolt to the side of the seat) and adaption bars so the sidemounts fit onto the subframe. Thats it! the seat will slide back and forward but will not tilt, You will be able to re-attach your seatbelt to the subframe.

RenaultSport Clio 172
Hello,
It is for me that MoRpH3uS posted this subject because I speak badly English.:S

I have just bought a pair of Imola S, doubtless the end of serie, I do not know but I have it.

image_071-ad00e3.jpg

For the subframe, I do not understand has what serve the adaptation bars and or they come to take place.

Like that?

CobraSubframeAd2.jpg

This subframe is it indeed for Clio MKII?

Cobra%20Subframe.2.jpg

I would be kind enough to have pics to see the depiction and the finish of the subframe in the car.

And your notices on these pieces, if you are satisfied and if they are good quality.

Thanks, Gégé.

PS: Saddened for my English, I use a translator..:eek:

Qashcow
i can only assume that those bars are bolted to the floor pan through the cars old seat fixing holes, the seat mounts are then bolted to these and then the seat bolted to the mounts.

i cant be of much more use really im afraid, i just bolted my side mounts straight on to the car floor :p

Qashcow
thats all ive got at the moment im afraid (the ones in my clio thread) i may be able to take some more sometime