ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

In Car iPhone Dock

172 Cup 181bp 165lbf
Not sure weather to put this in here or in Ice/Interior section but hey hooo

I have made a permanent iPhone 4 dock and thought I would share with you guys.

To the Naked eye all looks normal:
IMGA0277.jpg

Yet, when you open the ash tray you can see I have hard wired a iPhone charger:
IMGA0278.jpg

Next step was to do some cutting/trimming to make the Iphone sit snug, so out can the dremel with a sanding attatchment to cut a small groove just wide enough for an iPhone 4 (not the neatest job but no1 can see it):
IMGA0280.jpg

iPhone Dock Complete and Charging:
IMGA0282.jpg

172 Cup 181bp 165lbf
i hard wired (and fused) a 3 socket plug like this (http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/3-Way-12V...462?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_3&hash=item256e00e966 and snipped the end socket off) to the 12v supply from the cigarrette lighter. Job done. So I have iPhone and Sat Nav, (wired up to the drivers side a pillar) hard wired with space still for 1 more device, a usb port and the original quick access 12v cigarette lighter. I just hate seeing wires or having them in the way.

Changes to often
i installed a griffin in mine the other day, just need to find a decent holder for it

griffin.jpg

172 Cup 181bp 165lbf
nice....I have a bluetooth headunit to which the mic is also wired up to the a pillar, next to the alarm sensor