ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Indicator problem

Clio Grande
Hello everyone!
Just looking for some advice. My indicators have started going really fast intermittently. Sometimes it's normal, sometimes it's fast, sometime is clicking like it's trying to indicate but is going too fast for them to actually turn on.
Works fine on hazards and all bulbs are working. I'm panicking that it's the relays, had major problems with my last clio and would rather not go through that again!

Ol’ Tarby

ClioSport Moderator
  Clio 220 Trophy
Are you sure all bulbs are working? Fast flashing is usually a sign of one of the bulbs gone

Niall

ClioSport Club Member
Have you checked the connections etc? My 1.2 had this problem and I just replaced the bulb holder on the back because one of the connections was corroded.

Clio Grande
I couldn't see any sort of corrosion, they all looked pretty clean. Yesterday I had no idicators what so ever, today I have no hazards either but they come on when I lock/unlocked the car. Fuse is fine too. If it's the uch, I fear for the cars safety. It's not putting me through that again!

RS 200 CUP
Have you checked the connections that go into the back of the headlight unit or just the connections on the bulb holders? I briefly had this problem when I changed my headlights and one of the connections into the back was loose.

Scrooge

ClioSport Moderator
  E55 AMG
Usual issue is corrosion on the earths, i'd take both rear clusters out, clean connections the best you can and see.

Clio Grande
Right, had all bulbs out again, all connections clean and no corrosion. Took bulb holders off and they look fine. Wiggled all the wires but still no joy.
Bulbs all still working when I lock and unlocked the doors. None are dull or not as bright as the others.
Only thing I've found is behind the left rear light cluster (between the boot liner and the metal) was 2 broken wires, green and black) that had been taped together but aren't anymore. They seem to come from the same place as the lights for the rear cluster but don't seem to be attached to anything.