ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

induction kit/air filter

R.J

2003 1.2 16v Clio
Alright, so i have bought a cone air filter for my 03 1.2 Clio, had a look at the air box and realised that the the intake is a rectangle not a tube. after doing some research i think what i need is a conversion/adapter plate to go over the rectangle and have a tube coming out of that. like the setup in this picture (http://img56.imageshack.us/img56/7606/inductionkitpolished29al.jpg) But i cannot find anyone on eBay selling only the adapter plate.

Only thing i can find is this http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/K-N-57i-I...rParts_SM&fits=Model:Clio&hash=item1e60eeb712 but i already have everything on there other than that adapter plate.

Anyone know where i can get one? Is there an easier way of doing this?

(P.S i know the air filter is going to do f**k all performance wise but its a 1.2, just want to make the noise a little nicer! :))

Any help would be great!

-R.J

Silver tape and bodge it, obvs not the best thing to do but just bodged a cone filer on a corsa b and its still on after weeks of abuse :)
Failing that then hunting down a bit like whats in that kit but on its own is probs the only other way, unless you have the resources to make an adapter plate yourself.

R.J

2003 1.2 16v Clio
+1
But being a young fool i can understand the 'i want noise' :)

haha oh yes. all about the noise! ;) yeah i was talking to a mate at work and he thinks we can make on pretty easily. only thing difficult about it will be cutting the 3inch hole in a metal plate. Sure i will find a way though. Im an apprentice in an engineering factory after all, this should be easy! :)

thanks for the help though

-R.J

R.J

2003 1.2 16v Clio
3 inch hole??? Holesaws, or jigsaw, im a metalworker so yeah :)
Noise is the best thing ever!

ah right. perfect man to ask then. how thick do you think i need this plate to be? i was thinking 4-5mm would be enough?

R.J

2003 1.2 16v Clio
It only has to stop stuff getting in the intake and convert from a square to a hole, and wont be holding much weight either, 3mm ali would be perfect.

alright, will see what we have a work :) thanks for all the help mate.