ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Interior cleaner which one

cs_dave

West Midlands
ClioSport Area Rep
Right guys im new to this stuff im used to making them more a mess than clean.

Ive bought a 172 that the seats n carpet need a "deep" clean whats best for me to get.

oVerboost.

South West
ClioSport Area Rep
  Clio 182 LY
You got any pictures of the interior? And what equipment do you have? Household wet vac, or just a standard vacuum?

Get some cheap microfibres, a big bowl of steaming water and a few magic sponges (you can use the Flash ones or Autoglym sell their own version as do a few other companies).

These are great for plastics, door cards and trim. Keep the sponge moist (giggidy) and work in a circular motion on any plastics. You can use these on material however they're not as effective as a wet vac or even a soft brush and soapy warm water to scrub it. Foam carpet cleaner also works well on car interiors, as does stain remover however I'd only use that on the thicker carpets rather than any suede/brushed surfaces.

Ultimately though, try to borrow a wet vac as it'll make the job so much easier, and save you doing it twice if the old by hand method doesn't give the results you need. Tool hire places often sell wet vac carpet cleaners, just make sure it's got the hand held nozzle part on it.

Also, not ideal for our weather climate but carpets and seats can be removed and pressure washed. Another option would be to use a bodyshop oven if you have a mate or know someone who'd lend you one to dry the seats/carpet etc.

Product wise, anything from the major brands is usually pretty decent - the Autoglym interior cleaner is actually one of the few products they sell that actually works well.

May also be worth googling some posts on detailingworld forum and seeing what's recommended product wise depending on the fabrics and colours your working with. :smile:

cs_dave

West Midlands
ClioSport Area Rep
You got any pictures of the interior? And what equipment do you have? Household wet vac, or just a standard vacuum?

Get some cheap microfibres, a big bowl of steaming water and a few magic sponges (you can use the Flash ones or Autoglym sell their own version as do a few other companies).

These are great for plastics, door cards and trim. Keep the sponge moist (giggidy) and work in a circular motion on any plastics. You can use these on material however they're not as effective as a wet vac or even a soft brush and soapy warm water to scrub it. Foam carpet cleaner also works well on car interiors, as does stain remover however I'd only use that on the thicker carpets rather than any suede/brushed surfaces.

Ultimately though, try to borrow a wet vac as it'll make the job so much easier, and save you doing it twice if the old by hand method doesn't give the results you need. Tool hire places often sell wet vac carpet cleaners, just make sure it's got the hand held nozzle part on it.

Also, not ideal for our weather climate but carpets and seats can be removed and pressure washed. Another option would be to use a bodyshop oven if you have a mate or know someone who'd lend you one to dry the seats/carpet etc.

Product wise, anything from the major brands is usually pretty decent - the Autoglym interior cleaner is actually one of the few products they sell that actually works well.

May also be worth googling some posts on detailingworld forum and seeing what's recommended product wise depending on the fabrics and colours your working with. [emoji2]
Cheers for that. I dont have a wet vac just a std dyson. I can remove seats and carpet aint really took any pics of inside

9d75d886c5d5dc36cf6f5c3cfb844ee4.jpg

71a764e1401f34c08acb6422ffb69fec.jpg

Stay Puft

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 172
If you do the interior by hand, with seats etc in situ, how do you dry it? Wont it smell of damp if you leave it to dry?

oVerboost.

South West
ClioSport Area Rep
  Clio 182 LY
If you do the interior by hand, with seats etc in situ, how do you dry it? Wont it smell of damp if you leave it to dry?

If you have a wet vac, it'll suck up most of the dampness but removing the seats is always the best way albeit a little time consuming but worth it, as you also get better lighting than if they're left inside. If you get the seats damp and don't have a vacuum capable of sucking up water, then one option is to get some of those moisture absorber tubs with the crystal things in, leave them in the car with the air vents all closed overnight and you'll be surprised how well they work.

oVerboost.

South West
ClioSport Area Rep
  Clio 182 LY
Fairy cloths? The thing to remember is you don't need to soak the seats just get them damp - the brush or cloths you use to scrub the seats are what will do the work, the dampness just acts as a sort of lubricant, albeit with cleaner to help penetrate any dirt obviously :)

cs_dave

West Midlands
ClioSport Area Rep
Fairy cloths? The thing to remember is you don't need to soak the seats just get them damp - the brush or cloths you use to scrub the seats are what will do the work, the dampness just acts as a sort of lubricant, albeit with cleaner to help penetrate any dirt obviously :)
That stuff she puts in the machine cleans ya cloths

Good for kids skin she says lol

oVerboost.

South West
ClioSport Area Rep
  Clio 182 LY
Yeah you can use washing powder and warm water... just use 1 scoop of powder per 2 litres of water you use I'd say.

oVerboost.

South West
ClioSport Area Rep
  Clio 182 LY
Not a problem, I used to run my own detailing company so if you need any more advice or product recommendations just send me a message bud. But interior wise, you really don't need anything special or expensive - just some elbow grease and patience.

shiftspark

ClioSport Club Member
  R53 GR86
Just a small thread bump, what do you recommend for cleaning the plastics with ? as mine especially the door handles around the window switches are a bit "gooey"

Renault 5 GT Turbo
An all purpose cleaner is fine for cleaning the plastics.
Doesn't need to be automotive specific- Tesco Daisy is a popular choice.

Don

182 & LY Clio 220 ed
@cs_dave I have a Vax with handheld attachment for cleaning seats if you want to use it. I managed to get it for £40 from Tesco direct about 12 months ago. Just needs Vax carpet cleaning solution to ensure if does good job and gets into the seats/carpets.