ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

iPhone battery issue

Deeg

ClioSport Club Member
Upsetting! :confused:

I on the other hand can't seem to get an appointment at any of the Apples stores near me, they all seem to be fully booked up for the next week, which is all you can see on the system and they're all at least 45 mins away or more. :down:
Contemplating posting it off for repair, but the thought of having no phone for a few days is horrifying!!! :fearscream:

If you turn up first thing, you can usually get an appointment within the first hour. If it's a shopping centre, turn up about half an hour before the store opens, speak to the guys outside, get a coffee while you wait for your appointment. Trying to get an appointment online is basically pointless.

SC03OTT

ClioSport Club Member
  Octavia vRS
The above is certainly worth a shot. I pitched up at the Edinburgh store 20 mins before it opened at 9. Third in the place and got an on the spot appointment for a screen replacement. Had the handset back by 10. Online was fully booked.

Rich-D

ClioSport Club Member
  E90 LCI 330d
If you turn up first thing, you can usually get an appointment within the first hour. If it's a shopping centre, turn up about half an hour before the store opens, speak to the guys outside, get a coffee while you wait for your appointment. Trying to get an appointment online is basically pointless.
My nearest Apple Store is in the Trafford Centre (Manchester), I have no desire to go there until after Xmas, it will be rammed!

Al_G

ClioSport Club Member
  Honda S2000, C63
iOS 10.2 released today.

Apparently it includes some battery monitoring diagnostic utility to help Apple diagnose the battery issues people with iPhone 5 and above have been facing.

Mine (6) shut down at 34% earlier today lol.

Deeg

ClioSport Club Member
Just been to Meadowhall. Got there at 11:05. There were about 3 or 4 people in the queue before me. Gave them my details, and got an 'on the day appointment. Went and got a coffee. Got a text about 40 minutes later. Back to the store. "We're too busy to do battery swaps, so here's a new handset".

All sorted in 10 minutes.

As I said earlier on in here, if you want it sorted, a walk up appointment first thing is your best bet.

CrippsCorner

ClioSport Club Member
  Astra VXR
Nothing works, lol.

I've been having problems for over a year with my iPhone 6. Tried calibrating etc. which works for a few days but never stays.

New battery is the only way. Can't be arsed though, I'll get a new phone soon enough!

malcolmgt

ClioSport Club Member
  MK Golf GTI
Mine now has stopped turning off randomly. Well not as much. When it crashes this way I can use touch ID to unlock phone.

However when you use snapchat, you go to view a new snap it crashes. When this crashes I have to put my code in..

Friend has the exact same on his Iphone 6.. Apple are kn*bs.

Rich-D

ClioSport Club Member
  E90 LCI 330d
Just been to Meadowhall. Got there at 11:05. There were about 3 or 4 people in the queue before me. Gave them my details, and got an 'on the day appointment. Went and got a coffee. Got a text about 40 minutes later. Back to the store. "We're too busy to do battery swaps, so here's a new handset".

All sorted in 10 minutes.

As I said earlier on in here, if you want it sorted, a walk up appointment first thing is your best bet.
Win

Stay Puft

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 172
Woke up this morning, phone on 100% charge. Went on my camera around 95%, and it just dies, then takes ages to charge/turn on again. Once turned on, it's on 100% again. Go onto camera, dies.. 3 times in a row!! Any ideas?

Rich-D

ClioSport Club Member
  E90 LCI 330d
Still not had this done LOL
But we're going to the Trafford Centre on Friday, so I just remembered and booked it in for repair whilst we're there.