ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

iPhone Upgrade Programme

malcolmgt

ClioSport Club Member
  MK Golf GTI
Is anyone on it, tempted to start it when the iphone 8/x comes out and just run a Sim only deal.

Seems you get a much better deal than the monthly ones.

At the end of the 12 months what happens if you give the phone back slightly damaged?

DrR

ClioSport Club Member
  VW Golf GTD
I'm guessing this is just rent a phone for as much as you could buy it for then sell it in a year type of thing?

CrippsCorner

ClioSport Club Member
  Astra VXR
I'm thinking of doing this too. Only slightly cheaper than network contracts, but you do get Apple Care+ thrown in for free! I think that makes it worth it.

What I'm wondering is can you just do it the once... i.e. 'rent' the iPhone until you own it. I mean the idea is you keep upgrading every year, but do you have to?

M90SR

ClioSport Club Member
Well it seems okay but when you start getting into the phones like the 7+ 256gb the figures quickly increase to £600 for the year. Then by the looks of it you trade it in for credit off your new phone. I personally buy them out right unlocked and have a separate sim only contract (sell the phones before getting the next), but this method might not be sustainable as I reckon there phones will surpass £1000 mark by the iphone 8.

leeds_182

North Yorkshire & Humber
ClioSport Area Rep
Is it the apple thing?

I was gonna do it but ended up buying the phone. I think it's a pretty good deal in that you get a new phone every year if you want and get to keep it if you hold on for two. Certainly a better way of doing it then contacts.

malcolmgt

ClioSport Club Member
  MK Golf GTI
Yes sorry the Apple iphone.

Think I will do it, contracts really aren't all that anymore I find.

boultonn

ClioSport Club Member
  Macan S
Liked the idea in theory, but when I went in to get it they told me they couldn't do it because barclays (who back the finance scheme) didnt like me, so just bought it outright to show them who's boss