ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Jacking car on gravel

Titanium 182 FF
Right wasn't sure which section to put this in but this seems the most appropriate. Needing to do some work on the Clio that requires the car on stand's but my driveway is all gravel and the road is really and option. Anyone on here have any tips for jacking up a car on gravel safely? Or pictures of a safe setup.
I do have friends who's garages and driveways I can borrow but want to be able to do it on my own.
Cheers guys

Louis

I Park Like a C**t
ClioSport Club Member
Yeah that'd do it! Or if you have 4 paving slabs. Working under the car wont be nice on gravel though so I'd try to avoid that

Titanium 182 FF
Yeah that'd do it! Or if you have 4 paving slabs. Working under the car wont be nice on gravel though so I'd try to avoid that
Mainly will be brakes/wheel stuff and maybe a small bit of exhaust stuff at the rear so yeah won't be under their to long haha not that brave

Right wasn't sure which section to put this in but this seems the most appropriate. Needing to do some work on the Clio that requires the car on stand's but my driveway is all gravel and the road is really and option. Anyone on here have any tips for jacking up a car on gravel safely? Or pictures of a safe setup.
I do have friends who's garages and driveways I can borrow but want to be able to do it on my own.
Cheers guys
patio slab or wood under each wheel, the jack and axle stand. Put a spare wheel under the car too as a back up

I just got some squares of end panel made up at work to spread the load... Still not sure I'd be comfortable using these on gravel.
14842424177111780068844.jpg

Titanium 182 FF
Cheers for all the replies guys , will get a jack and some stands on order and give it a whirl :up: