ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

[Jan 15, 2015] Scotland South Monthly Meet (Edinburgh)

sburrell93

Scotland - South
ClioSport Area Rep
So, as before, this is our regular monthly meet for the South East/West of Scotland areas.

They'll be on the 3rd Thursday of every month, alternating between a few different general locations around the central belt, so it's fair for everyone.

Myself and/or Djw John will always try to be in attendance at these meets in order to make sure they always go ahead. So no one will have to worry about coming along last minute and wondering if there will be anyone there. Going by the last two meets though, it's always a good laugh no matter what the turn out.

In the unlikely event that one of these meets is cancelled however it will be properly broadcast to everyone.

I ask that everyone uses the new RSVP system above. Helps to keep track of expected turnout and adjust any locations (small car parks etc) accordingly if there is a large turnout expected.

--------------------------------------------------------------------
This month’s meet:

We're back over in the East, so I'm thinking Hermiston Gait way again. It's easy for people to get to and there's Krispy Kreme...what's not to like!

We'll aim to meet at 7:30pm for now.

Cliosport.Net Driving attendance Disclaimer

Please note that anyone attending driving meets (or meets whereby there is driving from one location to another) organised on ClioSport.Net are taking part of their own accord and agreement. The event is not a race or rally and should not be viewed as such. All attendees are responsible for their own safety and actions and are expected to drive with due regard for other road users. Any other club/affiliate associated with any event, will not be held responsible for any damage or injury to people or property during the driving meet. It is assumed that everyone has adequate insurance, road tax and licenses.

The laws that govern UK roads should be adhered to at all times.

CAUTION – You may come across other road users, please treat them with respect. Ideally treat them as you'd like to be treated yourself. Dangerous or irresponsible drivers will be asked to leave the driving meet/event immediately for their own safety and the safety of others.

Last edited:
  RS200, LY182, 172cup
Should get a proper photoshoot done of this one or maybe a short vid, I can hook us up if peeps are game

sburrell93

Scotland - South
ClioSport Area Rep
Nice one @Dannyeff! Take it that was all you managed to get where one of us weren't walking in front of you 😂

Should get a proper photoshoot done of this one or maybe a short vid, I can hook us up if peeps are game
Possibly mate, although it's a nightmare with the weather just now. My car was minging by the time I got to Braehead there lol! If we can get a few decent pictures of the meets for now that'll do, but I'm definitely up for organising getting some proper photos taken when we get into the better weather.

sburrell93

Scotland - South
ClioSport Area Rep
Nice one Danny, least we've got some pics now!

I've updated the location. Only fair that we go back across to the East, although I'd have preferred somewhere like Livingston as it's slightly more central, but just about everywhere in Livingston is paid parking, so that's no use.

@rctempire @Fraser.J. @w33 brl @Paprika123 @Mal_182 @CallyTeee @Gaz_H @Cr51say @BREMBO @run_pug @JezzaMac @Heez @.Stevo.C. @OJD @Kennyneil95 @KyleRS @neil a @gally @MarcR @Michaelfoz @-Jamie- @Shocker @Rascal69 @Ritch_Kid26 @koi @steve32c

Tags have just been taken from who replied in the last thread, so apologies if I've tagged you and this meet will be 100 miles away from you!

-Jamie-

ClioSport Club Member
Im a maybe for this one, Megane is booked into SWR on the 7th but i don't know where i will be with work.

I will make a meet eventually!

Dannyeff

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 182 trophy
if anyone is from the Glasgow area and wants to be a passenger then give me a shout

sburrell93

Scotland - South
ClioSport Area Rep
Aye, as danny said.

Its an ideal place for when the weather is as s**t as this. Surprised how quiet this thread is though after the turnout at the last meet over in the east.

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
Had been trying to think of somewhere more central aswell Stu buy like you say it's mostly paid parking.

Gally

ClioSport Club Member
They have a Toby carvery just off the M8 in Bathgate. Big carpark and the carvery has a separate bar area.

I think CS had a meet there before. Just for future reference.

Gally

ClioSport Club Member
It's literally seconds off the junction so great access.

-Jamie-

ClioSport Club Member
I'm not going to make this one, Picked up some agency work for the week so getting the hours in. With this weather I'm kinda glad anyway LOL

I will eventually make it to a meet this year, Honest!

sburrell93

Scotland - South
ClioSport Area Rep
No worries mate. This weather is pretty terrible lol, was hoping it would clear up through the week but the weather on my phone now says snow on wednesday! 😂

Clio MK3
Yeah been keeping an eye on it myself and was driving back from Lochgilphead tonight and the abs went and lost most of the braking efficiency lol think I'm going to replace the lot of the system for peace of mind lol

clio 200 edc lux
Is anyone allowed as i know a few of the megane sport guys have been looking for a meet

Thanks