ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Joint RenaultSport 2013 Run | 24th March

BG182FF
I may not be able to attend now, been invited to an 18th bday bash. Where on the Black Mountains are you heading for photos ect? (maybe a pinpoint location on a map or something? As might be able to go straight there for 1ish)

gez 172

ClioSport Club Member
  Defender 110
Still not use to these AD08's. they're tricky with no heat, so I'm hoping its tidy weather! Lol

172 cup
Looks like its just going to be a cold day so far but you never know!
Is it strictly a clio meet or can my mate tag along in his leon ?

O

Oakley12

I should think that the weather will be alright. Hopefully not raining as everybody can stand being cold, but defiantly not wet haha.

BG182FF
Just thrown a few figures into google maps, if you all left the meet point at say 12.15-12.30 you'd be up the black mountains at that point pictured by 1.15-1.30..could be doo-able! Only half an hour from Llanwrtyd which is a bonus for me. May see you up there after all haha

Craig_B

ClioSport Club Member
  BG 182
This meet is tomorrow!

This is the route;

84B59373-EB93-476E-9E98-9C5ED67EEA02-3767-000003DCE2054974_zps8c7795e7.jpg

With B - C being the A4069. We will be stopping in one of the car parks up on the A4069. Feel free to do your own runs of the road your self.

Hoping the weather is going to be ok. Aslong as its dry I won't mind really. Just wrap up warm as I'm guessing it'll be cold!

Suzuki Jimny
Bit of snow here, what's it like up the valleys? Don't fancy getting stuck in the mountains.

gez 172

ClioSport Club Member
  Defender 110
In
Bit of snow here, what's it like up the valleys? Don't fancy getting stuck in the mountains.

Its absolutley clear here :) not a mm of any kind/ form of snow. I'm 10 min from the black mountains.

Merthyr you may find a little dusting of snow, was some there yesterday when I passed through. Just on the mountain grass bits though, roads all clear.

Its dry and windy here atm, I live in 'ystradgynlais' pictured on the map.

Itll be good!

O

Oakley12

Hopefully it stays like this!

Its meant to be f*cking spring now, not f*cking winter still :(

Craig_B

ClioSport Club Member
  BG 182
Just heard off Gez, that its bad up the Black mountains and the roads around it. Snow plows are out.

What would you guys like to do?

This is a driving meet and with the roads like they are it could be an accident waiting to happen. Not to mention it being freezing!

Any thoughts guys?

gez 172

ClioSport Club Member
  Defender 110
I think it's going to be, it's pretty bad up Brecon now,
And I don't think people would enjoy driving though slush roads and sliding, the blacks will be dangerous in this, the other side of the blacks (all the downhill part) is all in shade, so it'll all be frozen

gez 172

ClioSport Club Member
  Defender 110
Everyone is looking forward to it, but we need to be sensible too, the BlackMountains can be a dangerous place in the summer, without some spreading of snow to add to it, the Llandovery side of the mountain is covered all year around, always in the shade. It'll be icy conditions that side.

i don't fancy ringing 999 and reporting a crash.

Craig_B

ClioSport Club Member
  BG 182
Shall we still meet at the meeting point? But not go up the mountains?

Grab some photos? Food?

I'm with Gez we need to be sensible.

gez 172

ClioSport Club Member
  Defender 110
There's a whole load of places at the meeting point for food.

Nando's. KFC, Mcd, loads!

O

Oakley12

Yeah I'm game :).

Anybody fancy doing some rig shots of my car? Obviously if anyone's got a rig set up?

Suzuki Jimny
Yep good idea. It's a shame, but unavoidable really. At least the petrol money can be spent on food :)

Focus RS + S3
Just drove from merthyr and the roads are fine in all fairness, just need to dig the focus out now lol