ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Judder under hard acceleration

sbridgey

ClioSport Club Member
  disco 4, 182, Meglio
My car seems to have developed a judder under hard acceleration once the revs pass 5k.

i have no idea what is causing it but the noise is coming from the front left.

I have recently had a new wheel bearing fitted to that wheel and it was fine until I went drag racing yesterday and very hard acceleration in 1st gear seems to have caused the issue, I was only revving to 2k for the starts.

Any one got any ideas or things I should check.

Chris205

ClioSport Club Member
  Many Things
Your main engine mount would be a start mate on the left hand side when you open the engine bay. The next one would be your dogbone mount which is underneath the car.

I've never heard of the top gearbox mount going but that one is situated under the battery

sbridgey

ClioSport Club Member
  disco 4, 182, Meglio
Just got my dad to take it for a spin, he thinks it is probably one of the engine mounts.

sbridgey

ClioSport Club Member
  disco 4, 182, Meglio
Yeah the engine moves, it looks like it has been trying to jump out of the top mount, all the mounts look like they are in good condition which is a bit odd. the juddering is really more of a knocking sound and it is probably manifold into the subframe.