ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Just moved to South Wales! Who's nearby & when you meeting up next???

172 Flamer
Hi,

I've just moved to the area (with my family) & I'm looking to meet up with some fellow Clio enthusiasts :) Seen a few 1*2's & others about on the roads but only to nod at from behind the wheel lol.

I live near Abergavenny.

Introduce yourselves & we'll arrange a hook up if you're interested.

Cheers

Barry

172 Flamer
I'm originally from Winchester but been living in Devon for the past 3 1/2 years! My wife's just got a new job at Merthyr hospital hence moving. You a Wales boy born & raised?

SharkyUK

ClioSport Club Member
Ah, got you. You're on the doorstep of some awesome driving roads mate. :) Congrats to the missus on the new job.

Nah, I'm not a Wales boy. I'm English-born but moved around with my job. I was working in the northwest (Liverpool and Warrington) before moving down here to start a new job. But don't worry, these Welsh folk aren't bad to be fair. Some of them are quite friendly! :rofl:

172 Cup & K20 Ph1
Welcome to Wales, hope you enjoy it. Be happy to meet up some time if we can get a gathering going.

Focus RS + S3
Welcome along :)
just up the road in Brynmawr from you

is your car a 54 plate? With stripes? (Cals old car i think)

if it is i pass you everyday haha

172 Flamer
Yeah I can't wait to explore the roads around here a bit more (when the rain & gale force winds stop!) Hodgkins that is my striped RB! (& yes it is Cals old car!) That'll be my missus who you pass every day on her way to work! Whilst I'm stuck at home looking after my son :eek:(! How is that fair! lol.

Good to her from you Fletch - remember when I first took you out in my black ph1 172 in Littleton all those years ago??! Did that coax you into buying yours by any chance!!

Looking forward to meeting up with all of you kind folk who have posted on my thread (and some who haven't too!), cheers!

Focus RS + S3
I just saw you in asda lol i was in my mates Focus.

yeah i see your car turning into Clydach as im
on the drive home from work

car looks/sounds awsum mate!

Fletcher

ClioSport Club Member
Good to her from you Fletch - remember when I first took you out in my black ph1 172 in Littleton all those years ago??! Did that coax you into buying yours by any chance!!!

Yes mate pretty much. I had always liked the 172 I just didn't realise they went that well. I bought one quite soon after.

What happen to the your black ph1 172?

172 Flamer
Lol Hodgy I was checking out that Focus, very nice car - I REALLY want a bright green RS!!! They are proper lush, shame they're still £20K+ :(

I sold my black 172 for rubbish money to some chav back in 2008... to buy an R33 GTR! I do miss it though, in retrospect the Skyline was a beast in a straight line but I seem to have more of a connected, complete & fun driving experience with a 1*2

Focus RS + S3
Haha, small world eh?
It is nice FairPlay to my mate, loud as f**k though

im mad for a mk2 RS, just can't afford one so sticking with the mk1 lol

Clio 172
Hey mate welcome :) , Quite a few members from Cardiff,Newport,Cwmbran Etc , Should come to the next meet/drive Sunday 6th April if your free , View Filters thread on it dude :)