ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Kangoo 172 cranking but not firing

Kangoo 172
Hello all,

I have just purchased a converted Kangoo with a 172 lump in it. Absolutely love it BUT it doesn't work.

It is cranking strongly but will not turn over. There are no immobiliser lights on the dash - there is an aftermarket immobiliser but it appears this is off. Coil pack is receiving 12v until the engine is cranked. I have also connected the coil straight to 12v but this doesn't work either. Changed the crank sensor to a new blue one with wiring but nothing. Also checked the wiring from the battery and it appears there are no broken wires. I have read multiple threads and tried those solutions but still nothing.

Any ideas please?!

Kangoo 172
Hello all,

I have just purchased a converted Kangoo with a 172 lump in it. Absolutely love it BUT it doesn't work.

It is cranking strongly but will not turn over. There are no immobiliser lights on the dash - there is an aftermarket immobiliser but it appears this is off. Coil pack is receiving 12v until the engine is cranked. I have also connected the coil straight to 12v but this doesn't work either. Changed the crank sensor to a new blue one with wiring but nothing. Also checked the wiring from the battery and it appears there are no broken wires. I have read multiple threads and tried those solutions but still nothing.

Any ideas please?!
Also no engine management light when ignition is turned on! Now thinking it’s an ECU issue?