ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Karting anyone?

Jon46

ClioSport Club Member
  BG FF 182
Any of you fancy going karting?

I've searched our area and found a few threads, but nothing recent.

I've been to a fair few in our area, as I'm sure you guys and gals have too.

Bradford karting - http://www.uk-go-karting.com/tracks/yorkshire/bradford-kart-racing

PPIK in Leeds - https://www.team-sport.co.uk/go-karting-leeds/

Wakefield - http://wakefieldindoorkarting.co.uk/

Sheffield - https://www.team-sport.co.uk/go-karting-sheffield/

Whose interested?

Opinions on the tracks or any alternatives? I know a cracking outdoor track, massive long straights and twin engined karts but it's in Lincolnshire.

Clio_fool

ClioSport Club Member
f**k that, I ain't going to Bradford for anything [emoji38] [emoji38] [emoji38]
Otherwise it sounds like a good idea. When we thinking about?

Jon46

ClioSport Club Member
  BG FF 182
This is my own personal opinion, so please feel free to put your own opinion forward :)

Maybe open a poll for everyone's fav track?????

Bradford - ok track, bit short and karts were tired. But it's at least 7 years since I've been, and it's got new owners now.

PPIK - great facilities, good karts but marshalls were like mini Hitler's :grimacing:

Wakefield - first impressions it looks run down and not very good. But the tracks got a good long straight, good mix of corners and they let you get on with the racing. My favourite.

Sheffield - never been but it looks brilliant split over 4 levels.

Opinions peeps...........:grinning:

Jon46

ClioSport Club Member
  BG FF 182
f**k that, I ain't going to Bradford for anything [emoji38] [emoji38] [emoji38]

What's wrong with you! Just wear your crash helmet and acquire some bulletproof glass before you set off :tonguewink:

RenaultVirgin

Leeds & Surrounding
ClioSport Area Rep
  Integra Type R DC5
f**k that, I ain't going to Bradford for anything emoji38.png emoji38.png emoji38.png
Anytime I reckon. If we go for an indoor track might as well do it when the weather is rubbish or if we go for outdoor track, save it for when the weather is good.

This is my own personal opinion, so please feel free to put your own opinion forward :smile:

Maybe open a poll for everyone's fav track?????

Bradford - ok track, bit short and karts were tired. But it's at least 7 years since I've been, and it's got new owners now.

PPIK - great facilities, good karts but marshalls were like mini Hitler's :grimacing:

Wakefield - first impressions it looks run down and not very good. But the tracks got a good long straight, good mix of corners and they let you get on with the racing. My favourite.

Sheffield - never been but it looks brilliant split over 4 levels.

Opinions peeps...........:grinning:
Personally I would probably skip the Bradford place apart from the twin engine karts, they sound fun.
From what you have said the Wakefield place looks and sounds good and its quite central for everyone to travel to.
Leeds looks good and I have always wanted to try it but have never been.
The tracks at Sheffield sound interesting but I would rather go somewhere closer.

Wakefield gets my vote atm

Clio_fool

ClioSport Club Member
Anytime I reckon. If we go for an indoor track might as well do it when the weather is rubbish or if we go for outdoor track, save it for when the weather is good.

Personally I would probably skip the Bradford place apart from the twin engine karts, they sound fun.
From what you have said the Wakefield place looks and sounds good and its quite central for everyone to travel to.
Leeds looks good and I have always wanted to try it but have never been.
The tracks at Sheffield sound interesting but I would rather go somewhere closer.

Wakefield gets my vote atm
Sheffield is closer [emoji57]

Sj1782

ClioSport Club Member
  Audi s3 8p
The videos of the Sheffield track look ace! I'm a sore loser when it comes to things like this! Unfair for the heavy weights against the lighter guys [emoji6]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1.7 cdti
Videos of the Sheffield track do look ace but its usually split into 2 different tracks so dont get to giddy like i first did . There's a outdoor track near the ski village thats good aswell but that aint with the same company

DanSej6

ClioSport Club Member
ELK Motorsport in Newark is good, was there last weekend and it's a good track, chilled out marshalls too, but there wasn't a massive group of us and no nutters.
Done Teamsport at Sheffield the other month, we weren't over all 4 levels, think that probably costs extra. Went on the lower track and it's not that great. Place seemed to be disorganised too.

Leeds Teamsport was good though!

Louis

I Park Like a C**t
ClioSport Club Member
Went to the PPIK 2 years back and it was good fun! How much time would you be looking at for what you pay? Think we got 2 x 15 minute sessions when I went.

Jon46

ClioSport Club Member
  BG FF 182
ELK Motorsport in Newark is good, was there last weekend and it's a good track, chilled out marshalls too, but there wasn't a massive group of us and no nutters.
Done Teamsport at Sheffield the other month, we weren't over all 4 levels, think that probably costs extra. Went on the lower track and it's not that great. Place seemed to be disorganised too.

Leeds Teamsport was good though!

Is that the one right next to the A46? The outdoor track? It looks mega but it's a fair distance away sadly I suspect.

Went to the PPIK 2 years back and it was good fun! How much time would you be looking at for what you pay? Think we got 2 x 15 minute sessions when I went.

Not sure about PPIK. When I went to Wakefield, we did 10 mins qualifying. Followed by 30 min race. 40 mins on track for £35 is good value to me :smile:

If we get a good few numbers, I'm sure we could get some sort of group discount?

Louis

I Park Like a C**t
ClioSport Club Member
A meetup and drive down would be good as all are fairly local, obviously depending where everyone is based! I have lots of uni deadlines at the minute, so I'd have more time in about a month but don't arrange around me.

Clio_fool

ClioSport Club Member
I reckon this needs to be organised for June /July so we can get the best date for all and still have time to get it booked. Location needs sorting first though.

haimsey

ClioSport Club Member
  ph2 172
I'd love to, but can't commit right now I'm afraid, imminent arrival of a baby/future race driver.
I have heard good things about PPIK, and the set out of races with quali's seems good. Also heard they're super anal about rules, so no BTCC "rubbings racing" monkey business allowed.

Jon46

ClioSport Club Member
  BG FF 182
They B*****k you if you accelerate while braking

I've been there and got that t-shirt 😂

Of all of them Sheffield does look good but I'm happy for the dictatorship approach. @Jon46 or @RenaultVirgin decide venue and we fall into line... otherwise we could go around the houses and never make a decision.

I don't want to tread on anyone's toes, being a newbie and all :) I don't know how you lot organise such events / who makes the calls / options etc. Just threw the initial idea out there :)

Wakefield or Sheffield I don't mind