ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

KEEP AN EYE ON YOUR SPORT IN BEDFORD!!!

As above, just looked out my bedroom window to see 3 lads trying the door etc on the cup, they were in a non sport clio but couldn't see REG due to the angle they had parked, thought rather than shout i'd creep round with my breaker bar and the rottweiler, just as i walked off the drive at the back of the house i heard them drive off.

​Checked the car and couldn't see any damage and also had a drive about 2 see if i could see the little scroates so yeah just keep an eye out!!!

yeah mate. couldn't believe it cos never had no problems before i'm usually awake till half 4 in the morning anyways as iv'e hardly been sleeping, if i catch the c**ts i wont hesitate to wrap the bar round the back of the head, last time someone tried it and didn't realise i was actually laid down in the car nearly ended upside down in a field cos they took off and i went after them, VERY short fuse for s**t like that

Can't bide little scum, bags like that tbh

182/RS2/ Turbo/Mk1
yeah mate. couldn't believe it cos never had no problems before i'm usually awake till half 4 in the morning anyways as iv'e hardly been sleeping, if i catch the c**ts i wont hesitate to wrap the bar round the back of the head, last time someone tried it and didn't realise i was actually laid down in the car nearly ended upside down in a field cos they took off and i went after them, VERY short fuse for s**t like that

Can't bide little scum, bags like that tbh

Errrr....

Sorry to hear about the attempted theft though mate, horrible when stuff happens at your own home.

A couple months ago a line of cars got keyed outside our old place including the mrs car and my turbo, and I hated knowing I had to park the car back in the same place again afterwards :(

yeah the last time someone tried it was back in the North East, Never had NO problems in the 3 years iv'e been living down here with the clio

yeah quite a few got keyed a few months back, luckily the scratch they did on the Cooper S wasn't 2 bad compared to the rest of the cars and i worked out who that was as there's was the only car in the street it didn't happen 2, needless to say a few of the others in the estate got pay back on the TT they'd bought lol

Last edited:
  172 cup
Same mate I would just see the red mist.
Hopefully they don't come back but I couldn't sleep knowing some cnut tried to get into my car.

Trying to think why they'd test the door because the immobilizer is pretty good and wouldn't have thought they could take car without keys or maybe they were intending to get bonnet open to rob bits off?? tbh I don't know just trying to run through scenarios

god knows mate, i'l just park the Freelander there tomorrow and tuck it in behind the mini on the drive

no point trying to get in through passenger lock either cos it's still shagged from when i had to try before lol and not got round to putting the new lock in for that exact reason as i snapped the screw driver tip in it so you can't get a screwdriver in now

182/RS2/ Turbo/Mk1
Assuming they are rubbish theives, they might not realise how well immobilised a 172 is.

Or they might have just been after your stereo or something on display. Or even your seats for their non sport.

standard stereo, and seats would be pointless as it's a cup but the morons probs didn't realize you can get silver cups

weren't very old maybe 17-19

I tried to break in through the lock the other year as it locked with the key in the car, after half an hour and 1 snapped screw driver later i ended up smashing the rear quarter glass

yeah and the 2 bulldogs lol.. it's ok i don't have to be up for work in the morning so iv'e got all night ha, be alright once i'm back in the North East with it tucked up in a garage

Euan94

ClioSport Club Member
  Volvo C30
Sounds like the dogs should have you covered! Not nice to hear about this where you live though.

They probably wouldn't be bothered about an mx5 but its probably safe at the moment on axle stands lol

stuff the dogs, i grew up in an old mining village lol, i'l take care of it should they come back and i manage to get round before they're gone

Rotweilers, crowbars, Bedford, beating people up.. Sounds a nice area!

Ohh it's not very nice in town but the Village i live that they're building is nice tbf, but 2 me thieves just get a good kicking and broken bones from where i grew up, just 1 of them things.

​U don't mess with a mans family,car or money

182/RS2/ Turbo/Mk1
Only decent thing about bedford from what I have seen is the autodrome, I give the rest of it a fairly wide birth, lol.

Nimbus Clio 197
I know the feeling, my 172 Cup got nicked about 5 years ago, scumbags broke into my house at night and just took the keys. C*nts!

I know the feeling, my 172 Cup got nicked about 5 years ago, scumbags broke into my house at night and just took the keys. C*nts!

Glad i dont live in Actual Bedford.

Sleep with my car keys next to my head :) im so protective of my car, also the steering lock helps, deturs t***s trying to steal it and also because its basically a metal baseball bat also works for beating the t***s which just tried to steal you car!