ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Keyed paint

Rs200t lux
IMG_6967.JPG
Hi
I got my roof and bonnet keyed last week. ( as picture above )
After much buffing and polishing with black polish I have managed to get them looking not to bad
Only problem now is that the surrounding area of clear coat is all hazy and misty
Do I need to keep going at it with a fine finishing polish or have I damaged the clear coat beyond repair

RB Clio 182
Thats a shocker!

Is the picture after you have made it look better?

Can you feel the key marks with your fingernail?

If so you will not polish the marks out, it will need a respray, the other marks will polish out with a machine polisher and the overall appearance will look better, but imo thats a roof/bonnet respray.

Rs200t lux
Hi
That's the picture of before
I'm going to try again this afternoon with a fine finish polish and see if I can get rid of the hazing
I think your right about it being a respray

RB Clio 182
Hi
That's the picture of before
I'm going to try again this afternoon with a fine finish polish and see if I can get rid of the hazing
I think your right about it being a respray
If you have used a harsh polish/compound as you say it will need a fine finishing polish to get rid of the hazing/compound marks.

imprezaworks

ClioSport Club Member
  Mk5 Golf GTI :)
If you can get your nail in, it's to far gone. If you can get your hand in, it's fooked.

Best is to try as you are and improve it.

Will need a respray though imo