ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

KICKER the ones to go with

im looking to get the loudest 5 1/4 inch door speakers i can for my rear doors, id LIKE to spend around 150, i know the kickers r quite well respected but wud ne1 recommend anything better, and i will be looking at getting a 4 way amp to run the front door speakers and the rear door, again 150 for that to, so 300 for both, any suggestions? cheers

Quote: Originally posted by Rousey on 07 September 2003
i know the kickers r quite well respected

but wud ne1 recommend anything better,

you must not be speaking to the right people

kickers are usually very poor performers in all areas

there is nothin wrong with kickers they are superb! who told you that bambam??

kickers are feckin good and have quality sound

vix

who told me that????

most reputable ICE dealers that i have spoken to (quite a lot), the only ones that have told me otherwise are authorised kicker dealers who always try to shift the stuff out of the door

every piece of Kicker ICE i have heard has sounded awful compared to most other brands in the same price range

well each to their own i suppose but i have never been told that and from what i hear they aint crap but depends on what music you listen to i spose just my opinion

vix

as you say

each to their own

but give it a try

go into an ICE shop and listen to a range of speakers in the same price range, you will hear the difference

Tom

ClioSport Club Member
  EV (s)

Quote: Originally posted by Rousey on 07 September 2003

im looking to get the loudest 5 1/4 inch door speakers i can for my rear doors, id LIKE to spend around 150, i know the kickers r quite well respected but wud ne1 recommend anything better, and i will be looking at getting a 4 way amp to run the front door speakers and the rear door, again 150 for that to, so 300 for both, any suggestions? cheers
when you say loud what do you mean? litteraly ear spltting? why?

U should try crystal or focal , wouldnt touch fusion with urs ;) . Kicker r very good but more known for their subs more than their mids.

crystal and focal - very good for SQ, but not really for volumes

fusion are made to be stupidly loud

im not looking to blow myhead off, but i want loud, but doesnt distort or anything, whic is what i have in the front now, but the front r not rigged for bass, i want the rears to ahve a little bass, and ne ideas on amp, and im gonna have a crack at doing it myself :)

genesis profile 2 amplifier with crystal components up front

2 JL/Focal 6" subs mounted in the rear 1/4 panels being driven off another genesis profile 2 amp

and existing set-up in boot (if youre happy with it)

i have a set of kickers powered by my lovely genesis amp and i think they are amazing.

for 150 quid id pick between a set of focals, kickers, mb quartz ....

amps for 150 are hard to come by that are 4 channel and decent wattage so look for secondhand ones ... the best amp i had so far was my soundstream which i sold to a mate when i bought my genesis ... all i have to say is i miss that soundstream.

B

hehe, ohhhh its hard work, basically ig ot 300 quid for the wiring kit, well maybe 325, the amp and the speakers, and im gonna fit it in as my little project to keep me busy, its that, or...........................A quad BUTANE kit :eek:

right the gensis amps are being chruned out at just under £200 a time

decent set of front componnts £200 (crystal, CTD, mb quart)

6" subs for rear 1/4 panels (JL Audio 6w0-4) £70 a time

would be well woth listening to

maybe worth sving a little more money

yea i think so, lol, i just want a 4 way amp and a set of decent mids, and id be happy, the rest is sounding pretty sweet

4 way amp

genesis profile 4

almost £300 if i remember correctly though

as above for the decent mids

best to spend money on the front end, as that is essentially what you are listening to

yea thats what i mean, thats been done b4, cnt remmber what went in, but they r decent enuff, the mids r just to raise it a little and give a bit mroe vocal for ppl in bk