ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Knockhill 5th july OPL. (Privately booked)

LiamR172

Scotland - NW
ClioSport Area Rep
Hi all, I know its pretty short notice but hopefully some of you can attend.

Mike, the Scottish area rep on 197.net has arranged a trackday(evening) at knockhill on the 5th of july.

The 5th is a friday and its from 6pm - 8pm.
At the moment theres 17 confirmed, out of 30 spaces.

Booking the track privately has a couple of advantages, the main one being more tracktime.

Open Pit Lane (OPL) means you can go on and off the track as much as you like throughout the 2 hour session.

The short notice part...

Because we are booking it ourselves, Its going to be £75 per person, this includes passengers/other drivers.

Mike will need the money AT THE VERY LATEST, on the 19th of this month! Which is a week tomorrow.

Current List

200 Gordini clio 200 PAID
LiamR172 clio 172
gsmR26 meg R26
-Ally- clio 200
SGow astra nurburgring PAID
rkuk99 clio 197
melvin1993 clio 200
fiestaST fiesta ST
AllyRoss clio 200 PAID
Frazjam clio 172. PAID
Clio_stu clio 172
SamMclean clio 200
Tony MX5 PAID
Woody Prelude PAID
MichaelFoster clio 172. PAID
JohnHolligan clio172 PAID
Rhys Astra vxr

So as you can see, theres still spaces left, if your interested, either pm me or stick a post in here.

If we do not fill all 30 spaces, kncohill will post it up on Facebook and fill the remainig spaces.

Thanks,
Liam.

Djw John

Scotland - South
ClioSport Area Rep
Would be great if between the 2 clubs we manage to fill this ourselves, would really give us hope that we can do it again. Private trackdays at Knockhill ftmfw!!!!!

LiamR172

Scotland - NW
ClioSport Area Rep
Yes John i agree it would be good.

I know i'd much rather spend 75 quid for 2 hours than 65 quid for a hot hatch day!

And this way we dont have all sorts of maniacs driving around :D

Djw John

Scotland - South
ClioSport Area Rep
Never been a big fan of Ford Mavericks tbh.....

Liam - Gaz is gonna come along, can you PM him the details and get Mike to add him on the 197 list please?

LiamR172

Scotland - NW
ClioSport Area Rep
Never been a big fan of Ford Mavericks tbh.....

Liam - Gaz is gonna come along, can you PM him the details and get Mike to add him on the 197 list please?

No chance. I dont want him near me!! Haha.

What details does he need? Payment?

LiamR172

Scotland - NW
ClioSport Area Rep
Ill check with Mike and get back to you!

Edit: You will get half of your money back if you pull out.

Last edited:

LiamR172

Scotland - NW
ClioSport Area Rep
I dont know mate, but why are you so concerened about pulling out?

If you dont think you can make it then dont put your name down.

Cup In bits
We'll ask mike and find out Morgan, take it you don't know your shifts yet?

Whos mike?

Exactly, I work adhoc and have to book holidays in 5 day blocks. Plus you can only have so many doctors appointments a year without suspicion.

Djw John

Scotland - South
ClioSport Area Rep
Especially on a Friday night!!

Mike is 200 gordini on clio197 who is organising all of this, we're tagging on to show the mk3 boys how to do it ;)

Cup In bits
Yeah day or night doesn't matter much, what's important is I'm on dry land that day.

I am trying to find if there's a day on saturday too then I can make it an overnighter to warrant the trip down and warrant booking holidays too :p

Clio 182
this sounds awesome for popping my track day cherry, unfortunately (well, you know what I mean) I'll be getting married 18hrs later so may need to focus on that a little! Saying that, if we can work it out, the future missus would want to drive too!

Dan.G

ClioSport Club Member
  172 cup
Was hoping I would be able to christen the new car on track at this, but looks like the welding work wont be getting done until the week after :(. So i wont be hitting the track until the end of may.

Dan.G

ClioSport Club Member
  172 cup
Haha some reason I read it as may! :eek: In that case I'll look at my shifts and try and get days off sorted.

Clio 182
No restriction on what car you use, considering it but don't wanna look like a dick in a 1.6.

This would be by far the best track day for you then! No 800bhp Evos, etc doing silly speeds

*says the guy who's never done a track day :) *

Dan.G

ClioSport Club Member
  172 cup
Still be faster than dan in his mx5 ;)

Pfft we'll see! Spent the day setting up the suspension set up so now its cornering like it should be.

Iirc 'he who shall be last, shall be sideways and smilling'

H

HickiN

What's the craik with cancelling incase I can't make it?

I'll take your place.. I have just paid off a bill/holiday so dont have the cash right now... So book away and i'll take it if you cant make it..

LiamR172 - unless i can pay at a later date if places left over?

LiamR172

Scotland - NW
ClioSport Area Rep
I believe Mike has arranged this with knockhill.

If we dont fill the 30 spaces then knockhill will advertise the remaining spaces on facebook.

So if you cant afford it right now then keep an eye on the knockhill facebook page and grab a space when they advertise it?

Cup In bits
I'll take your place.. I have just paid off a bill/holiday so dont have the cash right now... So book away and i'll take it if you cant make it..

LiamR172 - unless i can pay at a later date if places left over?

Its not really worth the journey down and van rental for two hours just now, If I get my own tow car by then I might book up closer to the time, spaces usually become available anyway.