ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Knockhill Open Pit Lane Night 2014

Djw John

Scotland - South
ClioSport Area Rep
I would properly love to but that's when my wife is due!
Was a great night last year so good on you for organising it. I'll put the link onto the fb page too

Clio 182
From 197:

"After the success of Mikes knockill open pit late i thought id try my hand at getting one going this year.

i was thinking we can have it around the same time as last so June/July time, it would be a friday evening ( be there for about the 5 then have the safety breif then out on the track from 6 till 8, this is based on last year so may be subject to change once i get more details from knockhill)

ideally id like 30 people to go, just to keep the track relatively easy paced for every one but the more the merrier, also 30 people worked well last year

once i get a list of available dates ill post them up and we can all decide witch day works best/most people can attend. i should have these this week some time so as soon as i have them ill post them up

also once we get some more people involved we can see if you would prefer the track to be the normal rotation or in reverse.

PLEASE PUT YOUR NAME DOWN IF YOU WANT COME ALSO SEND ME A PM IF YOU WANT MORE INFO ILL TRY AND HELP BEST I CAN

this is part of the email received from knockhill today just to give you all some information.
We would require a 25% deposit to secure the night and the balance 14 days before.
You can have a maximum of 50 cars on track for an open session."

Provisional date of the 9th of June

RS6+ & 40d MSport X5
I was on track for Mike's one. There was 30 cars but the track was totally empty!! I'd go for 40 cars. The more drivers/cars, the cheaper it is.

AG 200FF/PH1 172 MB
I was on track for Mike's one. There was 30 cars but the track was totally empty!! I'd go for 40 cars. The more drivers/cars, the cheaper it is.

i thought 30 was quiet good like you say it was quiet best of both worlds for all levels of drivers. No one holding up the faster guys and for the inexperienced they don't feel pressured and in the way. That said of it goes over 30 cars im not that fussed like you say it'll be cheaper :)

Also, this needs to be in REVERSE DIRECTION!!

Ill put it the masses once I get home

I'm in that big whatsapp chat, put my name down Fraser Jamieson and put down Stuart Robertson too

will do mate

Im a big maybe right now.. ill update later at in the year. Should be a good night again though

just send me a pm once you know what's you'll be doing

Oh I'd be game for this

I'll get your name down

I'll be up for this if I can cancel with 14 days notice as above. Morgan Gray Clio 172 cup

Backing out is fine but any money that is payed in will be nonrefundable. I'll have more details from knockhill about payment soon tho

Cup In bits
Is car lube and the top of Duffus nae good in reverse. The car slides a lot at Duffus from the videos I have seen. I'm impartial for the vote tbh.

N0ddie

ClioSport Club Member
  Tesla Model 3
Carlube in reverse is a pain for the reasons Fraser has said. Though I really like going up Duffus whilst trying to take as much speed through it as possible.

Though the Carlube in reverse issues sway my vote to normal way round.

N0ddie

ClioSport Club Member
  Tesla Model 3
Anyone know keen photographers that we can invite up for the evening?

Cup In bits
I would probably like it for that reasons then and hammering through the chicane and down the dip, haha!! As said though I'm not bothered which way.

Djw John

Scotland - South
ClioSport Area Rep
Chicane is good in reverse but better normal. I'd say normal is a ballsier track too.
Anyway I ain't voting, just saw the confirmed date, yeah that's the day before lornas due date, not a f**king chance will I be there!