ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Ktr/V-Max. Opinions of those who have driven on them.

imprezaworks

ClioSport Club Member
  Mk5 Golf GTI :)
With not wanting to spend £700 on coilovers who have used these on the road and have an honest opinion.

Can't see me doing ten trackdays a year etc.

I'm going with either these or new shocks and springs as I fancy a change.

Jekyll

ClioSport Club Member
I had vmaxx on the BG for 2 yrs with no issues apart from a leaking rear which was after a year or so. I used standard rear shocks but kept the rest on. I found it ok. I did compare them to gaz (met up with a friend and we did one quick drive in both cars in a 20min window) and the gaz's drove better. Less bouncy, but i suppose they was damping adjustable so thats why.

I put vmaxx on my ph1 (bought new) and within 2 months/1000k the fronts was leaking and the customer service was crap. Really crap.

Adamm.

ClioSport Club Member
I had vmaxx on my first 182 and they was s**t tbh, made it low but bounced around all over the shop on a bumpy back road.

I'd stick with your current set up.

e92 330i
I have been in a cars with both, both just as crap as each other in my opinion. Stick with standard shocks/eibachs/h&r springs over those. Wasn't there a german site selling billies for £500 or so?

cs_dave

West Midlands
ClioSport Area Rep
Im going to drill my b14s out from 54mm to 60mm on the bottom hole its close but aslong as its straight no drama imo

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

imprezaworks

ClioSport Club Member
I have been in a cars with both, both just as crap as each other in my opinion. Stick with standard shocks/eibachs/h&r springs over those. Wasn't there a german site selling billies for £500 or so?

They have gone up. Around the 630 mark now

I'm in the same boat Dan, want more out of my suspension but budget coilovers aren't the way to go. Stick with what you have with fresh shocks or wait and go B14s if mainly road use with less than 3 track days a year or BC DR's with solid camber adjustable top mounts and custom spring rates if you plan to chase times on track.

imprezaworks

ClioSport Club Member
IMG_1633.JPG
So ordered some vmax fronts and ktr rears, makes sense.
I haven't.

Think the reason I don't like the fronts is that the wheels are tucked in and I don't want spacers.

But then I'm not sure 15's would look okay as it's not low enough. Third world issues.

So 15's, would they look daft?

Last edited:

imprezaworks

ClioSport Club Member
Serious enough for me to start it. Won't be doing millions of trackdays, want opinions on the above, got them, will be sticking with my current setup up or new shocks and different springs.

Daz...

ClioSport Club Member
  Inferno 182 Cup
New shocks will be a good idea if yours have done a few miles.

I love the sportlines for everyday use and tbh I can't imagine what you've already got would be any different.