ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Layering CG M Seal - good technique tips?

I've just applied my first ever coat of M Seal but before I go any further I'm wondering if what I'm doing is correct! (never too late to ask :rolleyes:)

After claying/polishing I've applied one layer of M Seal, left it 25mins then buffed off. I've just this minute finished buffing it off about 15mins ago

I'm planning on waiting another 45mins then apply a second application.

I've also got XXX wax that I was planning on applying one layer tomorrow morning (i.e. approx 24 hrs between M Seal and XXX).

Q's:

1. Should I wait any longer between layers of M Seal?

2. Is there any limit to the number of layers of M Seal that can be applied? Will I see any benefit in adding a third layer, for example?

3. Would I be better waiting a bit longer than approx 20 hours before finishing off with my XXX? (I've got the luxury of not having to use the car until Saturday afternoon so could wait til Saturday morning to apply - would this produce a better result?).

Sorry for all the Q's, but when you're doing this by hand I want to make sure I get the best results for all my effort! :eek:

Cheers
Ally

riz

ClioSport Club Member
  Jaguar XFR
i would apply it again, then apply XXX tonight, im not too sure on any longer, ask David @ CG, but 45 mins is long enough imo, as it's summer i would say 2coats would be fine, then XXX, Variable reports on M- seal i found it lasted quite well and it looked nice too.

you may want to consider megs #7 for a better finish after the m seal and b4 the XXX

Cheers, going out now to stick on a second layer, but might not have time for anything else tonight. Then depending on how I feel I'll either finish off with the XXX or add a third layer of M Seal then the XXX later on tomorrow.

Ah it's great being on holiday from work :cool:

106 GTi
M/Seal is about as durable as a chocolate fireguard, easy to use at leasts. Made my car looked washed out and grey in the bright sun.

2 costs should ensure total coverage. I would give it 12-24 hours to set up before topping with wax.

106 GTi
I never slate anything until I have tried it - but I really did I find it that bad, if it had looked good I would have forgiven it's shocking durability but it did not even look good.

IMG_3486.jpg

IMG_3485.jpg

http://www.richtreen.co.uk/images/mseal/

Mito Sportiva 135
Yeh that does look pretty grey actually...not sure mine looked that faded, although I only used it on mine once I think.

Ok - I stand corrected! :eek:

Mito Sportiva 135
Yeh bright sunlight and petrol stations are my litmus tests...although the petrol station always shows up every tiny blemish when you look closely. It's like staring at a spot in one of those mirrors in a shop dressing room!

Well, can't complain about the end result or the ease of use - compared to what I was using before the M Seal and XXX were a LOT easier to apply. And the results speak for themselves:

2007-06-08pic2.gif

2007-06-08pic7.gif

2007-06-08pic12.gif

2007-06-08pic14.gif

2007-06-08pic19.gif

2007-06-08pic17.gif