ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Leeds_182 LOLvo barge

leeds_182

North Yorkshire & Humber
ClioSport Area Rep
Felt a little bad that I'd been neglecting the Volvo for a while. It was in a shocking state!

IMG_2099.JPG

So gave it a rinse off today.

IMG_2124.JPG

I've been looking at 940's for a few weeks now and was put off a bit my insurance prices (I'm 19, with only 1 years no claims, looking at about £1500/year but hey ho), but just discovered this thread and I'm almost certain I want a barge now. Been scouring ebay and autotrader, anything specific I should look out for that is a common problem/fault? I also thought that all 940's were auto, did yours come with manual as standard?

Loving yours though, enough to convince me to buy one!

leeds_182

North Yorkshire & Humber
ClioSport Area Rep
I've been looking at 940's for a few weeks now and was put off a bit my insurance prices (I'm 19, with only 1 years no claims, looking at about £1500/year but hey ho), but just discovered this thread and I'm almost certain I want a barge now. Been scouring ebay and autotrader, anything specific I should look out for that is a common problem/fault? I also thought that all 940's were auto, did yours come with manual as standard?

Loving yours though, enough to convince me to buy one!

The one to go for is the 940 2.3 turbo either high pressure or low pressure. You want to go for a 95 onwards manual if possible as these have the stronger engines and the strong m90 gearbox. Basic mods with these will show 200bhp and you can run 350bhp on the box and engine with no major issues.

The one to go for is the 940 2.3 turbo either high pressure or low pressure. You want to go for a 95 onwards manual if possible as these have the stronger engines and the strong m90 gearbox. Basic mods with these will show 200bhp and you can run 350bhp on the box and engine with no major issues.

Cool, cheers. Whats the difference between the LPT and HPT ones apart from horsepower? Which parts are different?

Thats so tempting! Insurance is a killer for me at the moment though. 19 y/o with only 1 years ncb, was planning to wait until july when I hopefully have 2 years no claims, or until october when I'm 20 with 2 years no claims. I'm currently paying £1500/year on a 1.6 citroen c4 with a black box :astonished:

Mr R.

ClioSport Club Member
  A special one.
So God damm [emoji41] [emoji41] [emoji41] [emoji41] [emoji41] [emoji41] [emoji106] [emoji106] [emoji106] [emoji106]

Adey.

ClioSport Club Member

K_McDermott

ClioSport Club Member
  Megane 230 r26
That's smart as f**k, the Ferrari style badges are cool [emoji108]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

BoatNonce

ClioSport Club Member
Love that! The Vw 6 cylinder diesel lumps are supposed to be awesome.

A friend of mine wants to stick a Cummins diesel lump in his dad's 940, which he was supposed to be taking over in a few years, but will now probably be a lot sooner on account of him writing off his Impreza at 120mph.

Jason_E

ClioSport Club Member
  Elise, 530d
Mines got the 2.5 Audi TDI lump. 5 Cylinders of diesel fury. Sounds like an old Audi Quattro if you fuelled it on spanners.

bashracing

ClioSport Club Member
A friend of mine wants to stick a Cummins diesel lump in his dad's 940, which he was supposed to be taking over in a few years, but will now probably be a lot sooner on account of him writing off his Impreza at 120mph.

Talk him out of it, they're far to heavy and gearing is a nightmare with the low revs, He would be better off starting with a Merc om606

Hero spec achieved.
Jim how much of this could you be arsed with without having Craig on hand? Genuine question. I'd love to do summit like this in the future but i could see it being a pain in the arse doing all on the drive/knowing f**k all about anything to do with boost/volvos/much

106 rallye
Talk him out of it, they're far to heavy and gearing is a nightmare with the low revs, He would be better off starting with a Merc om606

Only problem with that is finding a fuel pump for it in this country! They never did a turbocharged mechnical fuel pumped td in the uk, only in europe. So the only way to do it is either swap ecu with auto box or go 190e cosworth box or import a pump from abroard