ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Leeds_182 LOLvo barge

leeds_182

North Yorkshire & Humber
ClioSport Area Rep
Got stuck on the ramp as well due to da lowz.

IMG_2971.JPG

535d / t5 caravelle
Who banded the steelies? Are they local? Looks awesome!

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

leeds_182

North Yorkshire & Humber
ClioSport Area Rep
@craigyt all over the 940 build again.

Resistor mod completed - this allows you to run high impudence injectors;

IMG_3180.JPG

Injectors I've gone from are Astra Vxr ones;

IMG_3177.JPG

IMG_3178.JPG

Three inch maf from the 960 also arrived.

IMG_3179.JPG

Craig's also been on with rotating the 18t turbo;

IMG_3175.JPG

And 'modifying' the down pipe!

IMG_3176.JPG

Just waiting on some silicon hoses now and a bit of welding and we'll be there!

I also bought a replacement 'back box' for more noise but not sure I've got the guts to go for it!

IMG_3170.JPG

I've been looking at 940's for a few weeks now and was put off a bit my insurance prices (I'm 19, with only 1 years no claims, looking at about £1500/year but hey ho), but just discovered this thread and I'm almost certain I want a barge now. Been scouring ebay and autotrader, anything specific I should look out for that is a common problem/fault? I also thought that all 940's were auto, did yours come with manual as standard?

Loving yours though, enough to convince me to buy one!

Well, just over 3 months later, and I did it. Picked up this 1997 940 LPT for just over £400 last week. Has done 248,000 miles but has full service history every single year since 1997, and owned by the last owner for 17 years since May 2000. Seemed like a very genuine couple and with a stack of paperwork an inch thick I'm pretty happy. Drove four and a half hours to pick it up and it drove the 250 miles back home without a hitch.

Engine is a B230FK, M90 manual gearbox, LPT but going to add a boost controller very soon. Very happy! Taking a lot of inspiration from this thread, already bought an egg crate grill for a steal (£27 posted on ebay), prancing moose grill badge on order, and going to get clear lenses for the indicators all round. Paintwork is pretty faded and don't think its ever had a proper clean, but with a good buff should hopefully clean up nicely.

Heres a picture at a service station from when I picked it up, next to my shitroen.

IMG_20170311_210251_resized_20170322_094545605.jpg

leeds_182

North Yorkshire & Humber
ClioSport Area Rep
Well, just over 3 months later, and I did it. Picked up this 1997 940 LPT for just over £400 last week. Has done 248,000 miles but has full service history every single year since 1997, and owned by the last owner for 17 years since May 2000. Seemed like a very genuine couple and with a stack of paperwork an inch thick I'm pretty happy. Drove four and a half hours to pick it up and it drove the 250 miles back home without a hitch.

Engine is a B230FK, M90 manual gearbox, LPT but going to add a boost controller very soon. Very happy! Taking a lot of inspiration from this thread, already bought an egg crate grill for a steal (£27 posted on ebay), prancing moose grill badge on order, and going to get clear lenses for the indicators all round. Paintwork is pretty faded and don't think its ever had a proper clean, but with a good buff should hopefully clean up nicely.

Heres a picture at a service station from when I picked it up, next to my shitroen.

View attachment 181625

Good effort mate! Might have a spare 16t turbo going if you want to upgrade.

Good effort mate! Might have a spare 16t turbo going if you want to upgrade.
If you're likely to still have it in a few months then I might be interested. Going to sorn the volvo til July when my insurance runs out and then it'll be going back on the road. Being my first road car that Im going to modify I want to feel the progression of it getting faster and handling better, so Im going to wait until then to start doing engine mods.

Let me know if you have any other performance or styling spares though as I'll probably be interested in buying them, just a turbo isnt a priority for me at the minute.

106 rallye
Looks great. At what point will the standard ECU no longer work efficiently? Am I right in thinking that at anything over about 15psi the ECU can't handle more than that?

The standard ecu is very very good for tuning. Stick a couple of chips in for no boost cut or fuel cut and the world is your oyster for the amount of boost and fuel you want to run!!! All its looking for is the afr numbers and for everyday driving and you adjust the fuel and boost for wide open throttle

leeds_182

North Yorkshire & Humber
ClioSport Area Rep
If anyone fancies one of these, there is a lovely one for sale in Northern Ireland. Great spec too with some proper suspension mods, injectors, 16t etc etc. Could probably be bad for 2 to 2.5k.

IMG_3400.JPG
IMG_3401.JPG