ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Lightened Flywheel

Hi, I'm thinking of getting a diff fitted to my race Clio and was wondering about getting a lightened flywheel at the same time. Is this worth doing? The car is only used on the road to get to and from events.

Cheers, Jon

NorthloopCup

ClioSport Moderator
I had a diff and flywheel in my track cup and that was used on the road without any issue. Reducing rotational mass is always worth doing as it will improve engine response.

mikekean

ClioSport Club Member
  996 C4S, 135i, E30x2
the nice little zing when the starter hits?

Mine does but it's for a 7.25" clutch so less mass the the item for standard fitment clutch.
13653247_1147863601903173_7032970760181134625_o.jpg

I have one in mine with a Gripper diff. Completely usable on the road. Just need to take it easy on full lock.

Didn't even notice the lightened flywheel in mine.

scotiamr2t

ClioSport Club Member
  Mazda 2, Ph1 172
I know wavetrac are currently developing a diff for the JC5. I may hold out for that over the quaiffe/MFactory

I'm thinking of going for a Gripper, though that might be dependant on exactly what happens regarding the Safety Devices cage story and how that influences my 2017 budget!