ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

lights wont turn off!!

went out in my 182 tonight, pulled up out side the shop and tryed to turn the headlights off. they wouldnt, they would go to sidelights but when i turned the switch to the off position, the head lights came back on again. any help would be great cheers.

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
You have auto lights yeah? So when its dark, they come on?

Or is this some sort of wind up??

engine still running, why would that make a difference, i dont have auto lights?

euro expert, cheers for the helpfull comment, any chance of you expanding on it a little please?

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
Why don't you have auto lights???

They all came with Auto lights iirc. :S

Never above 25mpg
Turn the key in the ignition without turning the engine on and flick it to the sidelights on and off twice, if you hear a bleep or something you should've turned it off.

Dynamique Flamer
It must have autolights mine does but you cant turn that system on and off so you might have turned auto lights on again by accident

Alastair.

ClioSport Club Member
  986'S 172ph1+182FF
it does, all sports do im sure apart from 172cups, auto lights cant be turned off when they come on unless u disable the function or turn your motor off

why MUST it have auto lights?! i have had the car a year and its never done this before, and yes i have driven it in the dark before!

Dynamique Flamer
My poverty spec 1.2 does i didnt realise it did as the fuction was turned off untill someone showed me how to turn it on maybe by turning your lights on you somehow turned them back on again but it does usually bleep! did your lights turn off when you turned your engine off?

Turn the key in the ignition without turning the engine on and flick it to the sidelights on and off twice, if you hear a bleep or something you should've turned it off.

Maybe it has autolights but they've been turned off like the way VeinAST said and they've somehow been reactivated? Try Vein's method! :D

well just take ur headlights out and use candles instead

cheers for that pal, remind me to ask you for advice again.

just had a piss about as what vein said, worked a treat, had no idea it had auto lights, never new how to turn it on or off, must have done it by accident, god knows how.

cheers for your help guys

Renault Clio 172
Thinking about it since I fitted my sun strip lights been on all the time (whilst engine on), thankfully this has saved me a headache and other drivers i'm following around a track :up: