ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

liquid yellow 182 to liquid yellow v6

NEED V6!
hi,
ive only had my clio 182 for about 9 months now and so want to complete the clio collection( after also havin 1.2 billabong) and buy a clio v6 specially in liquid yellow,i am thinking of changing it at the end of the year,

i do like other cars and could get evos and subaru stis but i seem to find these days that there too common and like driving a car that unique and not many ppl have

the question in mind is,
is it worth it?

all views appreciated specially ppl that have gone from 172/182 to v6

I considered doing the same 3 months ago, then I spoke to a V6 owner who outlined the real cost of running a V6, and to be honest it isn't worth it, unless the vee is your second car.

G_F

BMW M3 & Williams 3
shaun_cliosport said:
go for it id say "you only live once!"

I always say this to the missus, but have yet to buy a vee, they really do cost a bomb to run and there is better cars to spend the money on, imho of course.

I guess it depends on what people class as expensive, as whats expensive to some one might not be expensive to you (if you see what I mean)

Personally - i'd love a V6 !

G_F

BMW M3 & Williams 3
£1500 to change a cambelt is an expense i would not like and thats just the start, but if you love the car why not i suppose...

£1500 - sod that, no wonder there are so many mk1's around the 11k mark now !!! (its every five years isn't it)

G_F

BMW M3 & Williams 3
I dont know much about them to be honest mate, just what i was told, also told brake disks and pads is touching £600, this seems a bit much though to be honest, so i dont know if he was feeding me sh**

Go for it, I think it's one thing that people who love Renaultsport Clio's need to do if they ever get the chance, even if it's just for a year as a weekend driver or something. Get it out of your system and enjoy the hell out of it.

Life is short and the roads get more restrictive and congested every day, do it while you can :)

R-Sport.

ClioSport Club Member
  Mint 1*2's for sale-
yellow182jon said:
hi,
ive only had my clio 182 for about 9 months now and so want to complete the clio collection( after also havin 1.2 billabong) and buy a clio v6 specially in liquid yellow,i am thinking of changing it at the end of the year,

i do like other cars and could get evos and subaru stis but i seem to find these days that there too common and like driving a car that unique and not many ppl have

the question in mind is,
is it worth it?

all views appreciated specially ppl that have gone from 172/182 to v6

Hi Jon- I have a yellow V6!!! Its most definatly worth it!!

The rule of thumb would be- if you can buy the car you can run the bloody thing- although having a second motor is a good 'nice to have'
Have a flick through this forum - that question comes up quite often-
http://www.v6clio.net/

There are some hefty prices to be paid out - especially if you go through Renault- However the key here is your wishing to buy a Yellow Vee & as far as I know they only come on Late 54's, 05's to 06'- So you are covered by Warrenty anyway-

I drive the vee everyday & its quite thirsty- I guess I get through about £30 a week on Petrol give or take-

The most expensive running cost other than Petrol is rear tyes- although even those appear regularly on Ebay & you can get a pair cheap for about £ 250
All in all a sound investment- especially now they arent being made any more-

I wouldnt buy a Mark 1 now- they are being written off to easily by insurance companies for even the smallest of prangs due to aprts being at extortionate prices....

Steve

They really aren't that expensive to run. Petrol is the biggest issue but I still get around 23-25 mpg. I guess insurance may be expensive but servicing shouldn't be. For the experience alone, I think it's worth every penny.

LY 200
Id go for it if i was older with lots of spare money. Lol

Depends on what you can afford i suppose.

cock mobile.
KarlosFandango said:
They really aren't that expensive to run. Petrol is the biggest issue but I still get around 23-25 mpg. I guess insurance may be expensive but servicing shouldn't be. For the experience alone, I think it's worth every penny.

MPG Is about the same as mine then, but insurance on a V6 was much more expensive than on mine, both group 20 cars though.

I'll have a V6 one day, as long as you get a relatively low miler you'll be ok I reckon!

cock mobile.
Really not mate, was about half the price of a Mk2 V6, was so suprised with the insurance quote, that's why I just thought bugger it and got it!

Still want an Acid Yello V6 though, not that I'm envious :)

J

jamesy

v6 look awesome in all colours but that yellow certainly will turn a few heads:cool:

106 GTi
Do it, the liquid yellow one at the FCS was stunning.

IMG_0080.jpg

IMG_0081.jpg

IMG_0083.jpg

IMG_0084.jpg

Nafoff

ClioSport Club Member
go for it mate........when i have the money i will be geting one i think......until then the valver will be ok...lol

as said lots above..you only live once

BMW Z4 3.0i
Liquid gold vees start at around £22k on autotrader. Considering you've owned a billabong, I'm surprised you can afford one of these unless you've come into some money.

106 GTi
Not a fan of inferno but I like that.

How may did they do in it Dash?

Edit - on an 06 Plate too?

106 GTi
Cheers James - Shame not more people speced it as it looks good.

What was the score with the Moonlight Blue did they build any in the end, any pics?

Lee

BMW M2C
Rich said:
Cheers James - Shame not more people speced it as it looks good.

What was the score with the Moonlight Blue did they build any in the end, any pics?

There is one moonlight blue in the UK and it's the last numbered V6 255 in the UK.

106 GTi
Cheers Guys

Nice, is there a list anywhere of UK and Worldwide number totals of each colour Vee anywhere?