ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

List of problems!

Clio 182
Evening

Going on a long drive down south next week and theres a few niggles with the new 182 that i'd like to sort out this weekend!

1) Abs, Traction control & Service light intermittly coming on. - Goes off when car is turned off (Abs ring?)

2) tyres are shot and need replacing - Suggestions on replacements?

3) Wipers are squeeking against the windscreen, have just replaced the blades. Do I need to remove the arms and relocate them? windscreen was replaced by previous owner..

As always, thanks in advance!

Louis

I Park Like a C**t
ClioSport Club Member
ABS Rings, most likely front. Easy to change yourself at home with limited tools.
I'll be getting PS3's when i get tyres.
I believe something in the arm itself can often squeak as it comes attached? Read a thread a while back about it, do a search.

Clio 182
Perfect, cheers mate! Are the PS3's worth the money? About £100 more than Toyo's for 4. Will have a gander thanks again.

Rojer

ClioSport Club Member
First problem could be the brake pedal switch, same happened to me and it was a quick cheap fix.
I run the PS3s on my car and they are great, alot of grip. Seem to be quite soft.
Wipers are just bolted onto the motor, you sure its not the motor arms that are squeaking?

Clio_fool

ClioSport Club Member
Brake pedal switch on mine brought up traction and serv lights, but not abs light, so you may have a different issue.
I have ps3's on mine and have done 9k in the last year and they have around 3mm tread left. They were on the car when I bought it and are great.
Turn the radio up when it rains.

Freetrack&Monaco 172
Sounds like the same problem I had , was the abs ring . I got my local garage to fit one of these and it's been spot on since.
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/RENAULT-C...790204?hash=item27b49b21fc:g:EogAAOSwX~dWtKLQ
Uniroyal Rainsport 3's . Fantastic tyre in the wet. Check out camskill and tyreleader for prices .

+1 on the Rainsports, got them on all 4 corners of mine, very very stable/grippy in the wet (as you'd hope) and excellent in the dry! I had PS3's on my Audi and they were fantastic, but not cheap!

I took off my wiper arms to remove scuttle and swap out the washer bottle, since putting it back the centre mechanism 'clonks' on the glass (I think) and they make a lot of noise mechanically while in motion. I think its allignment of them on the splined spindles that's the problem as they were fine before removal. Have 'adjusted' them several times and even relocated the motor on its fixing points to see if that makes a difference. Still no idea.....there must be a knack or a jig/tool to put them on properly.....?

Additionally my ABS & TC lights also come on occasionally, and I know one of the front ABS rings is in a manky state so first call is to replace that and the driveshaft in one hit as the CV joint clicks on full lock.

Clio 182
Thanks for the update! Have ordered 4 PS3's today (owch!) Thanks for your imput's though.

Had a good look earlier and its the lower part of where the wiper blade joins the mechanism passenger side is digging into my windscreen - whole unit will be off at the weekend and re-located hopefully. Hope it doesn't rain between now and then!

As per the brake pedel sensor and abs tings could you enlighten me as to how to check/fix it pretty please

Cheers!

PH2 172
+1 on the Rainsports, got them on all 4 corners of mine, very very stable/grippy in the wet (as you'd hope) and excellent in the dry! I had PS3's on my Audi and they were fantastic, but not cheap!

I took off my wiper arms to remove scuttle and swap out the washer bottle, since putting it back the centre mechanism 'clonks' on the glass (I think) and they make a lot of noise mechanically while in motion. I think its allignment of them on the splined spindles that's the problem as they were fine before removal. Have 'adjusted' them several times and even relocated the motor on its fixing points to see if that makes a difference. Still no idea.....there must be a knack or a jig/tool to put them on properly.....?

Additionally my ABS & TC lights also come on occasionally, and I know one of the front ABS rings is in a manky state so first call is to replace that and the driveshaft in one hit as the CV joint clicks on full lock.
The wiper motor/linkage assembly needs to be located on it`s peg.
It`s detailed in this thread.
http://www.cliosport.net/threads/guide-washer-pump-bottle-removal.543810/

Freetrack&Monaco 172
As per the brake pedel sensor and abs tings could you enlighten me as to how to check/fix it pretty please
Cheers!

Pedal sensor: not sure why it would cause the ABS warning light as mentioned by as its only a push-to-break switch and if it fails your lights sit in the safe/on position.

ABS ring: turn your front wheel to full lock in each direction (or pop the car on axle stands to see underneath) and look on the inside of the hub where the driveshaft meets the hub. There is a castellated/toothed ring there between the CV boot and the upright of the hub assembly. If, like mine, one of them is all rusty and horrible, it wont give the ABS sensor a clear reading of the speed of that wheel. Again, I'm not sure on the conditions the ECU looks for before it highlights a fault.
If both look clean and clear, you might find an ABS sensor is on the way out instead.
I still need to plug a diagnostic tool to mine and see what it tells me....