ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Living in Nottingham

sbridgey

ClioSport Club Member
  disco 4, 182, Meglio
I will be moving to Nottingham soon, I am planning on living with other students.

Can anyone recommend where the best and worst places to live in Nottingham are?

Cheers

ITB BG 182
Avoid St.Anns, Meadows, Killasick (sp) Bestwood Est, Bilborough, some parts of Aspley and Broxtowe.

West Bridgeford is nice as is central notts, Arnold, Wollaton and many more.

ITB BG 182
Parts of every where in Nottingham are not good to live but the majority is ok, I just dont know a part of the ones to avoide that I have mentioned, where there is some where nice.

DaveDreads

aka Philomena Cunk aka Barry Shitpeas
ClioSport Club Member
Sh*t hole, but i've lived all round that area and i'm still here, so it's not that bad really.

Decent Victorian houses though and walking distance from town,
basically if you want affordable housing within walking distance of Uni,
you're going to have to live in an area with a bit of a reputation.

But tbf that's the whole of Nottingham, there are far worse places to live than Gregory Boulevard.

It's a bit of a pita when the Goose fair's on though.

Nissan 350z
I doubt theres anywhere with totally safe on street parking regardless of the area. I wouldnt be worried about it being stolen though, vandalism would be more likely id have thought?

Bus w**ker
Avoid St.Anns, Meadows, Killasick (sp) Bestwood Est, Bilborough, some parts of Aspley and Broxtowe.

West Bridgeford is nice as is central notts, Arnold, Wollaton and many more.

Remember he's a student, pretty much all the of the 'nice' places you've mentioned are a no go instantly for him and he'll have no choice, if he's not going for halls, but to look in all the places you've told him to avoid LOL. Also I'd not choose to live in St Anns but I'd go Thorneywood which backs on to it. It's all relative, for example Bilborough is now up and coming due to the tram(p) extension etc.

Woodthorpe is nice.

Parts of Arnold aren't.

I'm looking at a place in Arnold atm, it's just off Mapperley Plains so as far away from the shithole town centre as possible...and damn right I'll be telling people I live in Mapperley lol.

sbridgey, guessing first year? Go with halls, duck, you'll have the best time there IMO, it'll be cheaper than a house share (in the vast majority of cases) and the accomodation will be more secure. Secure parking...yeah you'll struggle with that but street parking isn't too bad dependant on where you park obviously.

Bus w**ker
If that's the case then it depends on budget...actually hold on isn't he the one that annoys the f**k out of his current house mates? LOL

sbridgey

ClioSport Club Member
  disco 4, 182, Meglio
iirc he's finished uni and got a job now, maybe just living with people who are still students / mature students

Almost Dave, I have completed my first 2 years and now I am doing a work placement for a year before returning to uni for my final year.

sbridgey

ClioSport Club Member
  disco 4, 182, Meglio
If that's the case then it depends on budget...actually hold on isn't he the one that annoys the f**k out of his current house mates? LOL

I have quite a large budget I think, and if you believe everything that is written on CS that is me but in reality it isn't me.

sbridgey

ClioSport Club Member
  disco 4, 182, Meglio
I doubt theres anywhere with totally safe on street parking regardless of the area. I wouldnt be worried about it being stolen though, vandalism would be more likely id have thought?

The house I am looking at has a driveway so hopefully it minimises the risk of vandalism.

sbridgey

ClioSport Club Member
  disco 4, 182, Meglio
I have been offered a house in West Bridgford, it is an 8 person house but it is in a nicer area.

ITB BG 182
Remember he's a student, pretty much all the of the 'nice' places you've mentioned are a no go instantly for him and he'll have no choice, if he's not going for halls, but to look in all the places you've told him to avoid LOL.
Reasons why I recommended West Bridgeford is because I used to work full time and now just when they need a hand in converting old building to multi accomadations for people like students.
From my memory I can remember at least 20 buildings that have been done.

Id move to West Bridgeford rather than thorneywood.

sbridgey

ClioSport Club Member
  disco 4, 182, Meglio
I have found a house in Beeston and I am moving in on saturday, managed to get a huge room with an en-suite! :)