ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Local Area Subdivisions (please read)

Sunglasses_Ron

ClioSport Admin
We are looking to completely revamp local area meets over the coming weeks. The imminent arrival of the new forum platform makes arranging meetings incredibly easy and we want to take full advantage of this.

One aspect we have spoken about is dividing all regions into smaller subdivisions to encourage more members to attend. Let's call them micro meets.

The idea being that micro meets could be organised during the week and then larger meets incorporating all subdivisions could be arranged at weekends.

We would need each subdivision to have its own rep and for them to regularly communicate with the other reps to coordinate the bigger 'weekend' meetings.

What we need to know from you guys is how best to divide the areas up into actions. Does your area even need dividing up?

There will be an application process for area reps once we have everything in place.

Your feedback would be greatly appreciated.

Ron
CS Admin

As the biggest county in the country, this area needs dividing up ideally. I'm South Yorkshire and can take me 2 hours to get to the top of North Yorkshire some days, that's a long way for people to travel.
If you split it 4 ways, then had larger meets once a month or so it would be better. There's more than enough members per each sub section for it to work, with maybe the exception of N.Yorks.

As the biggest county in the country, this area needs dividing up ideally. I'm South Yorkshire and can take me 2 hours to get to the top of North Yorkshire some days, that's a long way for people to travel.
If you split it 4 ways, then had larger meets once a month or so it would be better. There's more than enough members per each sub section for it to work, with maybe the exception of N.Yorks.

This tbh

Greg has a perfect insight on this Ron and I would agree with this, North might suffer a bit if they don't get an active Rep or if someone doesn't take it on themselves to organise meets for them but the other areas would be best split into their own sections

With the proviso that anyone is welcome to come to any meet they fancy even if it is not in their area (which would be a given really)

clio 172, mondeo td
Exactly what I would have said, split it into four. ( North, South, East , west) and maybe every 3 months have a big meet with all the regions joining together within the Yorkshire region, some will have more members than others but it's the best thing to do.

Sunglasses_Ron

ClioSport Admin
Thanks for the input guys!

It may be a case of splitting into 3 subdivisions then East, West and South and having the North covered by one of the reps who deals with either East or West.

Yes each subdivision will have its own rep.

leeds_182

North Yorkshire & Humber
ClioSport Area Rep
I'd say north yorks doesn't have enough active members to justify a rep. Humberside, west and south seems a good shout though.

I rattled on for ages about reps to be told on several occasions that 'we didn't need one' and now we're going to be getting three!!

Clio 182
sorry to burst in on this. I'm new & from Gainsborough (Blyton Park area.) would i be in the right region? (i see your having a chnage around!)

Dan

Yozza'd Blue Bus
So then you guys have fallen in my pile of areas to look after once we split them down.

Are we still all for the 3 sub areas of humberside, west and south?

Would that cover everything this area needs to cover?

leeds_182

North Yorkshire & Humber
ClioSport Area Rep
So then you guys have fallen in my pile of areas to look after once we split them down.

Are we still all for the 3 sub areas of humberside, west and south?

Would that cover everything this area needs to cover?

I'd go humberside/north, west and south. North Yorkshire is a massive area but don't think that there's that many members up there (except me).

clio 172, mondeo td
North yorks is a big area, I guess as leeds_182 does say though it depends how many people are on the site from that region, unless you try with a northern rep and give it a while to see if it can grow?