ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Locking Problem

Clio 182 - RB
Its a long one this guys...

Other morning I went to my car as usual to go to work, unlocked the car but the drivers door wouldn't open, after a few mins of unlocking and locking the car I gave up and had to go through the passenger side to open the door.

After research it seemed the door mechanism had give up, so I ordered a new one;

89dad9a794ed6557e24151063eaccf75.jpg

Whilst I was at it my boot lock had been knackered for a good few months now so I ordered a boot solenoid from RPD. Usual stuck solid button!

Both items come today so I cracked on with it and fitted the parts.

However, the same problem is still happening! But now when I lock the car the indicators aren't flashing and its making a constant screeching noise coming from the left side of the bonnet. Also, whilst driving home I noticed that on the dash it had the symbol that resembles that one of the doors are open, but if I open either door the interior light will come on and go off again after its been shut a few seconds.

The door will open of i get out of the drivers side, shut it, then open if from the outside... But if i lock it, then unlock it, the door won't open... Open it from going through the passenger side, close the drivers door from the outside, i can open it from the outside, but if i lock and unlock it won't open! - Sorry to repeat it twice, just wanted to make my self clear!

Oh yeah, I have my car set so when you drive for 10s it'll lock, so had the little red light on, thats not coming on any more.

I've tried the immobiliser reset, no luck.

Any ideas guys?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Clio_fool

ClioSport Club Member
Sounds like what ever controlls the central lockiing (UCH?) is playing up. I think it's more the locking than the door handle as opening it from inside physically unlocks the door rather than the electrics doing it, and then the door opens ok. Could be the signal's not getting to the drivers door unit or the mechanism is broke or siezed?

Clio 182 - RB
I've replaced the mechanism though, the old one was rusty so I initially thought it was that, still no luck. Hopefully the weather brightens up today so I can take the door card off again.

Clio 182 - RB
For anybody else who may stumble across this with the same problem;

It appears I put the rod linking the outside door handle and mechanism in wrong.

Also, the boot catch is broken causing me not to lock my car, currently unplugged atm awaiting for a new one to be delivered via RPD [emoji16]

Clio 182 - RB
Yeah, the mechanism was originally faulty, i just put the rod back on wrong... Caused me a lot of stress these past few days!